PDA

View Full Version : Got a new pistol!

pacerdude
January 21, 2013, 06:27 PM
Hey guys I just posted about this on the Highroad, but what can I say, I'm excited about my new pistol, a Stoeger Cougar 8040FT. When my girlfriend and I left to go shopping today, buying a pistol wasn't on the agenda. However, we found an Academy sports in the same shopping center as the stores she wanted to visit.

Anyways we went inside straight to the firearms section and there I found my new gun. I held it in my hand and it fit like a glove!

I had been interested in the Stoeger Cougar before but once I felt it, the deal was sealed. Does anyone have any advice on accessories or how you guys liked the gun?

I paid $399 plus tax so hopefully it was a good deal!

Also I will put pictures up when my camera finishes charging.

pacerdude
January 21, 2013, 07:51 PM
Well I tried posting the pictures but they wouldn't upload.

gatordave
January 21, 2013, 07:59 PM
Congrats on your new Cougar.

I have an 8000 and it is my favorite shooter very soft and accurate as hell.

When looking for accessories think Beretta Cougar there is a lot out there, but not under Stoegar

pacerdude
January 21, 2013, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up on looking for the Beretta accessories.

pacerdude
January 21, 2013, 09:00 PM
nevermind it was a stupid question!

+1k ammo
January 22, 2013, 02:36 PM
Lets see some pics. You have to have them posted online like Picassa etc. and then link them.

I like Baretta's and that sounds like a great deal. I wish that would happen to me when we go shopping. All I end up with is more clothes and shoes.

pacerdude
January 23, 2013, 09:04 PM
http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/pacerdude06/DSCN0318_zps2c0d6ed6.jpg

Here is a picture of it, sorry it took a while I just created a photobucket account.

wbw
January 24, 2013, 08:38 AM
Here's my Stoeger 8000F (9mm version) with Beretta grips. They fit perfectly because......it's really a Beretta.

Almost forgot to say, Congrats on your new pistol. :D

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m145/wbwanzer/Cougar9001.jpg

pacerdude
January 24, 2013, 12:28 PM
That's very nice with the Beretta grips on it. I might just have to get a pair of Beretta grips for it one day. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the grips cost?

Bart Noir
January 24, 2013, 03:19 PM
Those wooden grips are indeed good looking.

Are they thicker than the plastic ones? I ask since I really don't wish to increase the width of my Cougar's grip.

Bart Noir
Rotating Barrels Forever!

wbw
January 24, 2013, 03:28 PM
I bought those grips online for around $22.00. A real steal. I haven't seem them since. I don't think they are any thicker than original.

I'm sure that someone makes wood grips for these guns, like maybe Hogue. As gatordave suggested, look for accessories for the Beretta Cougar.