PDA

View Full Version : CZ-75B Trigger

AC's & 45's
December 26, 2000, 08:51 AM
Is there an easy way to remove the mushiness from the trigger on the CZ-75B?

This thing is a lot of fun to shoot, but its creepy trigger makes accurate shooting difficult.

WESHOOT2
December 26, 2000, 09:04 AM
Easiest way is more practice. All other ways require professional help.

(I understand; I switch between revolvers, EAA Witnesses, and a 'glass-rod' custom 1911.)

shiroikuma
December 26, 2000, 04:00 PM
Hmm don't know how to adjust it. Of course in my case I think the SA trigger is fantastic. It does have some creep before break but I want that in a gun as I carry mine.. It's also the most accurate gun I've shot (next to a target .22) I just got a colt 1911 and I find that to be less accurate and a more difficult release. Try dry firing a lot to get used to it that always helps me..I've been trying it on the Colt. Get a Kadet conversion kit too only $190 bucks or so on the internet and you can shoot as much as you can stand for $13 bucks for 500 rds. Very high quality kit and a good reason in it self to buy a CZ-75b in my opinion. I suspect the creep is intentional as this is a gun designed for military and police use and they like creep to reduce accidental discharges..

Still someone must work on them if you insist on a trigger job. Get a Kadet kit first though! You won't regret it.

shiro in AK

Stephen A. Camp
December 26, 2000, 08:47 PM
Hello. The triggers on conventional DA/SA CZ75s have not been known for their "crispness" and the "B" makes it worse with the firing pin safety causing a bit more roughness right at the moment of the SA break.

I am told that the main gunsmith at CZ-USA is very, very good, but I cannot remember his name. I suggest you contact CZ-USA and see what advice or suggestions he has. I'm told that he can make the gun's trigger action better in both DA and SA and he'd likely not botch anything.

If not him, you might contact Novaks or Kurt Wickman and see if they work on the CZs.

I had a CZ75B and got rid of it for several reasons, keeping my older "Pre-B" CZs, but the trigger pull in SA was one major reason. Mine was very, very gritty when disengaging the firing pin safety. Had this been the only thing I didn't like, I'd have had this fixed and gone on, but in conjunction with other purely subjective dislikes, I just opted to get rid of it.

Best.

radom
December 26, 2000, 09:33 PM
Some CLP on the firing pin saftey helped mine a lot,a good share of the problem is the overcam in the sear and hammer. If you slowly pull the trigger you will see the sear pushing the hammer to the rear. My old Highpower and 1911 do not do this at all and have very smooth trigers. Once this is polished out the CZ does have a very smooth trigger on par with a old Highpower. Not much will have a good trigger pull if it has to force the hammer back some distance before it drops. :):)

RON in PA
December 27, 2000, 11:02 AM
Radom has hit the nail on the head. Camming back the hammer is the main cause of the less than good trigger pull on my 75B. It has improved with use, but I doubt that it ever will smooth out to match my HP.