PDA

View Full Version : Talon T200(?)

MikeM
December 22, 2000, 09:18 PM
Going thrugh an copy of the shotgun news a while back I saw an advertisement for a subcompact 9 --about the size of a keltec P11--made by a company in MT by the name of Talon Industries. The price was in the Hi-Point range but it was a lock breech design so it could my interest.

Has anyone on the board had any first hand experience with this pistol? Would appreciate any information on this gun, thanks in advance.

Joe D
December 24, 2000, 12:43 PM
I have put a few rounds through the 9mm version. It points better than my P11. It is not as compact as the P11, but close. The one I shot shoots to point of aim. It looks to be a little more durable than the P11. The trigger is as smooth as the P11, but with a shorter pull. Quality seems to be about equal with the exception of the mags. They function OK, but look a little crude. IMO it is worth the $100 cost saving. I would avoid the .380 model.

zwild_m30
December 24, 2000, 06:21 PM
I bought a talon T100 in .380 acp for my wife and I would not recommend it for a paper weight. I have had to send it back to the factory once because it was peening the barrel. It wont shoot half of the time and it doesnt like to cycle. thats just my 2 cents worth. Safe shooting.

MikeM
December 24, 2000, 10:32 PM
thanks for the responses; I had a feeling it was going to be a Hi-Point handgun revisited.