PDA

View Full Version : All violent Misdomeanor convictions might result in new list of Prohibited persons???

shurshot
December 19, 2012, 06:32 PM
I will be surprised if they don't, in addition to re-instating the 1994 Assault Weapons ban, expand the prohibited persons list to include anyone EVER convicted of a violent Misdomeanor (not just DV, but a simple Assault, like pushing a person 20 years ago, etc.). There was discussion of this by Gun Control groups recently, and unless I'm wrong, California already has a 10 year ban on ANY violent misdomeanor convicted person owning a firearm.
This would potentialy disarm MILLIONS of Americans, police and military included, for a simple assault (bar fight, high school football game fight, etc.), that might have occurred 10, 20, 30 or even 40 years ago. Doesn't seem quite right, but I'll bet it will be on the table in Washington next month.

hermannr
December 19, 2012, 08:04 PM
restrict small little groups that cannot fight back on their own until only the High and Mighty can protect themselves. It's called incrimental control.

Tom Servo
December 19, 2012, 08:08 PM
We haven't seen the proposals yet, so such things are mere speculation.

As noted in the sticky at the top of this forum, there is already a thread dedicated to discussing possible fallout from the Sandy Hook shooting. Please post there.