PDA

View Full Version : I had them in my hand!

chasgrips45
December 19, 2012, 10:28 AM
I just bought a new mini 14 ranch rifle the other day. The gun came with a 20 round mag. He had two other 20 rounders ,& mentioned that these might be getting scarce. I felt I was just spending too much on myself since I had more Christmas shopping to do. So I passed on the extra mags. I hope that I have kept things in perspective . But I had them in my hand!

stu925
December 20, 2012, 11:17 PM
Go back and get them while you can. He's right high cap mags are probably going to get scarce soon. Fotunately for Mini owners their rifle isn't nearly as popular as the AR or AK so Magazines won't disappear quite as fast but don't wait, go back and pick them up.

Stu

radom
December 20, 2012, 11:29 PM
Scarce no. More costly yes.

teeroux
December 20, 2012, 11:34 PM
I think we have a better chance than everyone thinks. Our usual heavy hitting spokesmen have been quiet out of respect for the dead. There is a hard hammer of truth yet to be swung against the lies.

Nine the Ranger
December 20, 2012, 11:45 PM
It's crazy how much Mini-14 magazines go for.

I've seen the 5 rounders go for $35 in some areas.

nfafan
December 21, 2012, 03:05 AM
Glad I found this thread. I have had a post on another forum for a FTF trade of an early-import SAIGA for an early Mini-14 - no takers. Maybe I'm going to give up.

youngunz4life
December 21, 2012, 03:47 AM
if a law passes, must someone rid themselves of these mags andor outlawed firearms?

stu925
December 22, 2012, 12:11 AM
Depends on the how they word it I think there will probably be some sort of grandfather clause but who knows. The last time they passed a ban it only applied to newly manufactured equipment, anything manufactured before the ban was ok hence the pre-ban/post-ban designation on guns.

Stu

youngunz4life
December 22, 2012, 01:47 AM
ok thx Stu