PDA

View Full Version : AR22 SBR upper, options?

hulley
December 7, 2012, 01:42 PM
Ok guys, I'm wanting to get a dedicated .22lr upper for my SBR registered lower and I would like a shorty barrel. I really havent been able to find what I'm looking for but I dont know where all to look, let alone a good company to use.

Any recommendations or am I gonna have to build this to my liking? Also what brands do you recommend?

Thanks
Steve

BTW I want to use my suppressor so it will need to be threaded.

Dr Big Bird PhD
December 7, 2012, 01:55 PM
You want to use a suppressor on an SBR? Are you aware of the legality/tax stamps?

BillyJack3
December 7, 2012, 02:01 PM
Well he says he has a registered SBR and his signature even shows dates.

CMMG seems to have the best reputation for complete uppers. Seems that everyone I see recommends Adco for barrel work. I'm not sure I've seen a SBR .22 kit out there that you can purchase but would be interested myself.

djcantr
December 7, 2012, 02:19 PM
You might check out Taccom.

hulley
December 7, 2012, 02:34 PM
You want to use a suppressor on an SBR? Are you aware of the legality/tax stamps?

Yes, I already have a registered SBR lower and I already own a SS Sparrow suppressor. I figured why not? That would make a cool .22lr plinker and I can get a little more "me time" with my AR.

I looked on CMMG's site and while they dont sell a SBR upper I can get a 6.5" barrel/bcg/charge handle for $280. I already have a stripped upper reciever at home so I guess all I'll need is a FF tube and some irons.

I'll check out Taccom now.

Thanks
Steve