PDA

View Full Version : Remington R-15 Ammo

west5757
November 29, 2012, 09:03 AM
I recently acquired a Remington R-15 .233 with the 18" barrel on a trade. I am waiting for a set of scope mounts to come in before I sight it in. I have a bolt .223 that shoots great with 55 grain factory loads. I am trying to see if anyone on here has this gun and what factory load is the most accurate. It will be used primarily for coyote hunting.

There may be a thread about this already I just couldn't find it using the search.

JimDandy
November 29, 2012, 12:13 PM
Well MOST accurate will be the round you load yourself after trials and tribulations. Beyond that, you'll just have to do some shopping and testing. I've seen PMC Bronze fairly cheap lately. Eventually if you really want the accuracy though, I suspect you'll end up loading your own, maybe some hornady or Barnes bullets over some decent brass.

Panfisher
November 29, 2012, 01:50 PM
The only factory ammo my R-15 has seen was some Cheap FMJ for "play" and to get some empty brass. Otherwise mine so far lives on a steady diet of 50 gr HP reloads or some 60 gr. Nosler Partition handloads. Seems to like both pretty well. Your rifle will have to give you the final answer.