PDA

View Full Version : 1956 Model 94

jsimmons
November 23, 2012, 08:55 AM
When I was born (1956), my dad bought a Model 94. He' had a stroke a few years ago, and his wife has decided to sell all of his guns, and is giving me first crack at everything. Included is:

- Side-by-side 12g (unknown manufacturer)
- S&W revolver (may be a Model 10 Police Special)
- Glock 17 (may be a Gen 1) that's only been fired twice
- Winchester Model 94, circa 1956.

I'm going to buy the Winchester (unless I can convince his wife to just give it to me). The Model 94 has never had a round chambered, and comes with the leather case and two boxes of .30-30 cartridges it came with. It has a NRA emblem/sticker on the right side of the butt stock.

Where can I find out what this rifle is worth? I want to offer a fair price if I have to buy it.

gak
November 23, 2012, 01:04 PM
Truly never fired - with cosmetics to match - for a Pre 64 can go upwards of $1000, maybe even more to the right buyer, especially truly NIB or LNIB. (Though some also call them Pre 64's, Pre Wars (-WWII) are really another category--higher--altogether). Cosmetics for these "never fired's" are almost everything, so even if "certfied" (by you or whomever) never fired, if it's got some outside wear, the price can come down, in increments, depending. Not sure of th NRA sticker. Does nothing for me relative to the gun but maybe there's some collector significance I'm not awrare of. I'd be tempted to remove, being only concerned that if it's been on there long, there might be some discoloring underneath...but I would think some deftly applied tung oil or such could rectify that, don't know...but on a "never fired" I'd go to a professional on that. I'm not normally a safe queen type, but if the gun is truly all together "like new," I wouldn't fire it. There are so many merely "very nice" Pre 64s out there for $450-600 or so for that if you just want to go shooting.

jsimmons
November 23, 2012, 06:56 PM
Well, looks like they're going to hold onto the Winchester and the shotgun unless they absolutely need the money (or my dad passes away), but the s&w revolver is a very nice 1966/67 model 10-5, and the glock is indeed a gen 1 with about 25 rounds fired.