PDA

View Full Version : weatherby vanguard series 2??????'s

whitearrow
November 22, 2012, 11:24 AM
alright fellas i believe i've decided on the weatherby vanguard series 2 in .308 win. i have studied the specs on the regular series 2 vs the series 2 range certified. i like the stock better on the range certified but what else do you REALLY get with the "range certified" model vs the regular s2 besides a better stock? if i'm not mistaken all of the vanguard series 2 rifles are guranteed sub-moa right? how do they exactly range certifiy them?
thanks,
whitearrow->>>------------>

FairWarning
November 23, 2012, 11:33 AM
I believe they provide you with the actual target proving the accuracy and you get a certificate signed by Ed Weatherby. But you don't have to fear anything less than superior accuracy with a V2. I personally wouldn't worry about it....

xLPlushy
November 23, 2012, 12:51 PM
Wouldn't worry too much. Aside what's stated above I think that's it. I haven't shot a Weatherby rifle that wouldn't hold a dime sized group at 100 yards. I believe they all are guaranteed to sub MOA. A close friend has a V2 in .223 rem, a half inch bullseye stands no chance at 100 yards over 5 shots. Very precise rifle. My V1 in 7mm RM holds 3/8" groups at 100 yards, scoot out to 300 where I normally shoot, and it opens up to about 3/4". A V2 in .223 or .243 will soon be added to my collection as well.

For the price, it's one amazing rifle.
Great choice in rifle. Happy and safe shooting!

Tapatalked via my highly abused iPhone