PDA

View Full Version : Got my first glock

chadk7
November 9, 2012, 05:08 PM
Some of you may have read about the great deal my boss gave me on a ruger SR1911 he sold me for $500. It only had 55 rounds through it. Well he gave me another deal I couldn't pass up last week. He had an unfired gen 4 g26.

Now I am not nor have I ever been a glock fan but I decided to jump all over this. I figured I could buy it and then sell it for more than I paid for it if I didn't like it.

I have only put 30 rounds through it but I was very impressed with it and I am def gonna hang on to this one.

Here it is...unfired gen 4 glock26. I paid $350 for it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Ralph Allen
November 9, 2012, 05:15 PM
I have a 3rd gen 26. Great little gun. Try putting the flat magazine plates on it and then shooting. Different strokes for different folks, but I like mine much better with the flat plates.
Ralph

chadk7
November 9, 2012, 06:58 PM
Yea I will try it with the flat baseplates. I haven't had time to go shooting much but will def try both ways. I was impressed with how accurate I was able to shoot the gun the first few mags though. It almost seems like you are shooting a full sized gun

Crow Hunter
November 9, 2012, 07:19 PM
That is an excellent price.

Try it shooting with factory +2 extensions too.

Mine feels like shooting a full size gun with them.

BarryLee
November 9, 2012, 07:38 PM
Yes, I bought one a few months back and have been really impressed with how accurate, reliable and easy to service the G26 is. I have other guns I like better, but it is easy to see why so many folks love GLOCKs.

2weelz4me
November 9, 2012, 09:23 PM
and I gotta say, mo malfunctions, great accuracy, and upon breakdown for cleaning, I was very impressed with the build quality. So far, I think this is the best gun I own. The only semiautomatic I own that has not malfunctioned.

Gen3Glock22
November 10, 2012, 12:38 PM
Great price! I have a Ruger P94 and thought it was the tits, until I shot my son in laws new duty gun. Glock 22 gen 3. Well now I have one and it's my daily ccw gun. Over 1 thou threw it and never an issue. My son in law has over 2 thou in his and never an issue. My P94 never had an issue either but the design and handling of my Glock is far better in my opinion.

Congrats on your purchase. My goal is to live long enough to buy my grand kids their first Glock when they graduate high school.

chadk7
November 10, 2012, 07:26 PM
Haha. I'll keep both of them. If I had to get rid of one I would keep the ruger though. Right now glocks are easy to come by. That isn't the case with the SR1911. Plus I have been looking for a ruger since they came out.

Right now both of these guns are just range guns since I carry something else.

TailGator
November 10, 2012, 07:46 PM
That's a pretty nice fringe benefit you are getting at work.

My EDC is a G26 - 100% reliable, easy to conceal, and also easier that I expected to shoot well. The single stacks are really growing in popularity, but I like the extra couple of rounds. I still consider it one of the top choices for a carry pistol. And yes, if you disagree, you should have no problem flipping it for a profit.

MikeGunz
November 10, 2012, 09:19 PM
Great deal, G26 is one of my favorite guns. It has been 100% reliable for me, and I can get shoot it just as well as its full size counterparts.

carprivershooter
November 10, 2012, 09:24 PM
So sorry for you, to much cool-aid. there maybe a vaccine for that.:eek: