PDA

View Full Version : Naked Walnut and Stainless

presence
November 7, 2012, 10:24 PM
So ive recently acquired a .243 Weatherby Vanguard Sporter in walnut and stainless. Its time for some glass! Im having a difficult time choosing a scope color. Part of me loves to match my stainless rifles with stainless bases, rings and scopes, but another part of me loves a classic black scope contrasting with the stainless. And black scopes with walnut just clicks. So anyway, im aware this is all strictly personal preference, but what do you guys prefer? Would love to see some gun ****!! (Pictures)

Thanks

presence
November 7, 2012, 10:30 PM
Hmm, thats a forbidden word? Just to be clear, id hate for anyone to assume the wrong 4-letter word. My intended word starts with a P and rhymes with corn!

jmr40
November 8, 2012, 05:04 AM
I like black scopes and rings on stainless. Nothing wrong with either way, just personal preference.

taylorce1
November 8, 2012, 07:08 AM
I prefer black scopes as well because the scopes and rings never seem to match the color of the stainless on the rifle. Black breaks up the shiny IMO as well.

Magnum Wheel Man
November 8, 2012, 08:38 AM
I have a couple of either ( sorry no pics of those rifles though ) I do like a black scope on the walnut stock, especially if it has ebony tip & grip cap...

some brands better match the silver stainless color than other, but as posted, there is almost never a "perfect" match

my last couple customs used blued actions, & stainless barrels with walnut stocks, & black scopes... at 1st I thought the stainless barrels would look out of place, & I'd have to get them finished dark... but they've grown on me, & I now find them to be particularly nice looking...

my latest was a 70's Remington 700 that had a burned out 17 Remington barrel... I replaced the barrel with stainless, & rechambered it ( & replaced the mag box, spring & follower ) in 17 Fireball, with the walnut stock, with the ebony tip & grip cap, jeweled bolt, stainless barrel, blued mounts & rings, & a black 70's Redfield 4-12 power scope, I think it's one of my nicer looking rifles

Rifleman1776
November 8, 2012, 08:50 AM
My love being traditional muzzle loaders, I take a very practical position with my modern guns.
Meaning, I don't care. Looks mean nothing, practicality does. I would avoid glare and just put whatever glass best suits you on that rifle.