PDA

View Full Version : Question about 22lr

J270
November 3, 2012, 03:05 PM
Are cci stingers safe for me to fire in my Savage mark II?

Microgunner
November 3, 2012, 03:06 PM
Sure.
They're only a problem in some semi-autos.

10-96
November 3, 2012, 07:31 PM
+1 what Microgunner said.

Load up and fire away. Just bear in mind your particular rifle may not like them as well as other hi-vel offerings.

PatientWolf
November 3, 2012, 08:24 PM
What is the issue with semi-automatics? I haven't shot stingers in years and can't remember if I shot them from a bolt or a 10/22? But I am curious now that the point was brought up.

Mobuck
November 3, 2012, 08:28 PM
The Stingers use a slightly overlength case which may cause chambering or extraction problems with some firearms.

PatientWolf
November 3, 2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks!

nbg22092
November 3, 2012, 09:10 PM
im not quite sure how to post on the forum just yet, im going to buy a ruger 10/22 very soon and i dont really know much about what brands of accesories are good and bad. i would like to put a bull barell on my rifle and im not sure which brand to go with. military paychecks arent too great so im not looking to spend a boat load of money. if someone could help me out id really apreciate it, thank you

Big Shrek
November 4, 2012, 02:18 AM
nbg22092 - as a prior insane person (Navy&Army) I'd caution you of a few things before you get your first rifle...

If you live on base, all firearms AND AMMO must be kept at the base armory, not in your quarters...
hence its a PITA to go sign 'em out, go to the range, have fun, then take 'em back thru security and then to the armory...
not to mention what sorts of hades you go thru if you get found with a firearm or even ammo in a barracks...

On the upside, if you have an on-base range & armory combo, you can sign out a lot of FUN STUFF if you get in good with the Armourers :)
(That means full-auto!)
But start small...get a shotgun first...go shoot some skeet...ammo prices from the armory are LOW!!
(NAS Millington has a top-flite skeet range...for example)
As they get to know you & you show responsibility & respect to the weapons, they let you do more & more...
take every weekend class offered...as they usually offer qualifications and training prior to quals on a regular basis...

Also, when you move, the Military will transfer your firearms for you in CONUS from Armory to Armory...
which keeps those schmucks in moving from stealing 'em or otherwise screwing 'em up...

And Good Choice in picking the Military for a career!!
Think of it this way, you are probably around 18-ish now...so after 20 years, you're looking at a Government Pension at 38-ish!!
Then you no longer are working to pay the basics...your retirement covers that nicely...
so then you're just working to pay for your bad habits...like guns or redheads ;)