PDA

View Full Version : Kahrs (all steel) marked "U"

roadrat
October 25, 2012, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the responses to my other threads regarding Kahrs.

My LGS has a great price on a Kahr T9. There is a "U" etched into the trigger guard. I called Kahr to find out what this means. They said it was a gun used by the factory, sales people, or distributors. Typically the gun is shown at a gun show. Kahr also said it has a one year warranty instead of a five year warranty and comes with only one mag.

What are your thoughts on such a gun as it relates to warranty, resale, etc?

PSP
October 25, 2012, 06:37 PM
The Kahr site explains "U" marked guns. I'd buy one if the price was right. Typically they are in excellent shape and any problems should have already been discovered and fixed. T9s are hard to find, so if you have an interest in one, and the price is good, my advise is to consider it seriously. I'd look to pay around $600. It may come with only one mag as opposed to the two mags a new T9 would have.

I do own a "B" marked Kahr. B is for Blemished, a gun with a cosmetic flaw. I can't find it if it has one and the gun , a K9, has been 100% reliable. It's one of my favorites.

Kahr site explaination here.
http://www.kahr.com/faq.asp#q26

roadrat
October 25, 2012, 07:00 PM
Thanks!!

Do you have any thoughts on the resale issue?

PSP
October 25, 2012, 09:07 PM
As far as resale goes, it will be just another used gun at that point. How you use and maintain the gun will determine it's value. The T9 is uncommon and seem to sell quickly.

chris in va
October 26, 2012, 11:46 AM
How much are they wanting for it?

roadrat
October 26, 2012, 02:37 PM
$625

vyse.04
October 26, 2012, 03:46 PM
Do you have any thoughts on the resale issue?

If you are talking resale to a LGS, the value will never equal what it is worth... They have to make money too. If you sell it to someone else yourself, it may take awhile given that the market for a used T9 is not the same as something like a used Colt. I haven't sold any of my firearms, but I don't buy a whole lot either. If it is something you like though, go for it. Resale may not even enter into the equation.

johnwilliamson062
October 27, 2012, 10:02 PM
If I were buying a T9(again) that would probably be the way I would go if I had the opportunity.

Resale of T9s is not good. Around $500 in perfect condition.

Kahr makes about 100 a year.

They do EVERYTHING they do very well.

The things they do doesn't seem to be a combination anyone is interested in though.

I have yet to come up with a good use for mine, but won't let it go for $500.