PDA

View Full Version : SPAS 12 recoil buffer

StukaJU87
October 17, 2012, 10:26 PM
Does a SPAS 12 really need one? Or is it just hype like when people claim you'll destroy your AK if you fire it without a recoil buffer in the receiver.

My father had a SPAS 12 and if IIRC it didn't have the recoil buffer inside the receiver and he never had any trouble with it. I don't know, maybe it did and I just don't remeber.

Just wondering how important or neccessary the recoil buffer is? Has anyone seen or heard of a SPAS 12 receiver spliting as a result of not having a recoil buffer installed?

catacombshadows
August 30, 2014, 02:47 PM
Yes it needs one otherwise the rear of the receiver will get chewed up eventually cracking the rear of the receiver all the way through. Check out spas-12.com or blackjackbuffers for replacements. Theirs two different types.

Skarekrow88
September 2, 2014, 11:52 AM
Yes it is important to have a recoil buffer in your SPAS-12 unless you are ok with cracking the aluminum receiver and have the kind of money laying around to just buy yourself another one. Make sure you determine which type of buffer you need. There is an old model (cone-shaped style) and a new model (gear-looking). My SPAS12 was manufactured in 1989 and takes the "new" style. Spas12.com and blackjack buffers make both styles if I am not mistaken.