PDA

View Full Version : Browning A5 barrel

shamelessinct
October 16, 2012, 11:04 AM
The only dumb question is the one you don't ask, so here goes. Will a barrel from a Remington M11 shotgun interchange with a Belgian A5 action of roughly the same vintage? And no I can't try to assemble them because right now they are 350 miles apart. Thanks.:confused:

saltydog452
October 16, 2012, 11:28 AM
Mine didn't.

Pre WW2 M11 barrel or the wartime Bng A-5 (Rem M-11 repro with Bng roll marks) didn't fit a post war A-5.

We have 3 hump-back Brownings. Two are Remingtons. Same Daddy, but different Momma. I think Savage was also a player.

salty

TheNatureBoy
October 16, 2012, 01:35 PM
If I can remember I will check when I get home. I have a Remington Model 11(military badges/cutts compensator) and I also have a Browning A5 (Belgium) 32 inch barrel. Don't know how old it is but the stock has a round knob. I do remember attaching the A5 barrel to the Remington 11 receiver a few weeks ago without any problems. I will see if the model 11 barrel will attach to the Browning receiver. Check back later. If I forget please send a private message :)

TheNatureBoy
October 16, 2012, 08:39 PM
Just checked and the barrel from my Remington Model 11 will not fit my Belgium A5 receiver. The barrel from my A5 will fit the Model 11 receiver

shamelessinct
October 16, 2012, 08:43 PM
I answered my own question; found a friend w/a FN Browning. The Remington barrel has a different extractor cut than the Browning and FN guns and won't fit those receivers. Thanks.