PDA

View Full Version : which would you choose

got2hav1
October 11, 2012, 08:56 PM
If you had the opportunity to purchase a Nickel P228 Sig or a Kahr T9 which would you choose. Both are owned by the original owners with boxes and papers. I am familar with both formats. Dollar wise its close. Either would be used as a range gun not carried. Which would you choose and why. :D

TunnelRat
October 11, 2012, 08:57 PM
Is this a serious question? I can't imagine the world where I choose a Kahr over a SIG.

Edit: Though u seem to have a bunch of SIGs, so maybe variety would be good.

pilpens
October 11, 2012, 09:06 PM
I pick -- Sig P228 --
Why might I pick a T9 over a Sig for range use:
1. Sig does not fit my hand.
2. Variety - because you already have a Sig.

got2hav1
October 11, 2012, 09:22 PM
Tunnelrat, that Kahr T9 is a really sweet looking pistol. I also love the smooth as butter trigger of the Kahrs. The problem to me is that the P228 in Nickel is such a rare animal I hate to pass it up. I have several Sigs and love to shoot them all. I am wrestling with which one to pick. :D

got2hav1
October 11, 2012, 09:25 PM
Pilpens, The variety thing I guess might play a role as well. I do have several Sigs already including a black P228 and it does fit my hand pretty well.
But a Nickel P228... how many of those do you see for sale. :eek:

CDR_Glock
October 11, 2012, 09:27 PM
Neither. Get an HK... Or get another kind of gun that you've always wanted. I bought 3 HKs: a USP 45, HK45C, and Mark 23. All excellent. Accurate, reliable, and great feel/ergonomics.

Just because it is a good deal doesn't imply necessity. This may just be an impulsive buy. I'm one to talk, though, I have a whole bunch of guns from revolvers, to 1911s, to striker fired guns in HK, S&W, Glock, Ruger, Colt, Wilson, Sig Sauer, Ed Brown, etc. I shoot for fun but any one can easily be a home defense or plinker. Concealed carry is a smaller pool of firearms.

Kahr has a trigger that you either love or hate. If it is only for the range, then why torture yourself? It's no fun to shoot. Mags are expensive. It IS easy to field strip. It's just not a gun that is a must have, and I've shot many. I don't really care for it, otherwise, I'd own one.

You already have Sig Sauers. What advantage or experience will this give you? I have a few Sig Sauers. A P220 for HD, but it has a conversion barrel. I have a P238 and P938 for concealment. Almost always, I have a P238 in addition to a primary. I also have a Sig 522.

Nickel looks cool but it does crack and chip. That's why I do not own a Nickel Colt Python. They're all in royal blue: 4",6",8".

Creeper
October 11, 2012, 09:28 PM
Nickel P228 Sig or a Kahr T9: Either would be used as a range gun not carried. Which would you choose and why... and I already have these: Sig P225, Sig P229, P228, Sig P239, Sig P220, Colt Comm. 1911, Colt Python, G19 Gen 2, Colt OMM, GP100, Colt DS

Ahh... is there a mark to check for neither? Seriously, I'd get a fire control system or design you don't already have examples of... or at least a different caliber. If you didn't have a P225, I'd say get the T9 because they're a nice, single stack 9mm.

C

oldandslow
October 12, 2012, 09:10 AM
g2h, 10/13/12

Another vote for the Sig but it looks like, from your signature line, that you already have a 228 and the new one might end up a safe queen. I could never get used to the trigger on the Kahr's and much prefer a DA setup. I have a number of Sigs including the 228 and it's a fine weapon. Whatever you decide I hope you enjoy shooting it.

best wishes- oldandslow

got2hav1
October 12, 2012, 04:08 PM
Creeper, I do have a P225 so I have the single stack nine covered. I think I am leaning towards the Sig since its an all Nickel gun and super hard to find. I can find a T9 anytime. :)

willyd
October 12, 2012, 06:08 PM
Another vote for the P238.......

iraiam
October 12, 2012, 06:13 PM
I don't like nickel, to quote a well known movie, "Get yourself a Glock and loose that nickel plated sissy pistol."

Just kidding, but I really don't like nickel plated hand guns.

got2hav1
October 12, 2012, 06:46 PM
iraiam, no problem. I doooo like Nickel guns! I have several and like them all. The world would be a pretty boring place if we all liked the same thing. :D