PDA

View Full Version : Sight question...

woo57
December 13, 2000, 01:15 AM
I've got a Glock 22, but I bought it with the factory plastic sights. I was wondering about suggestions for aftermarket sights. I also have considered the trijicon sights (that I believe are the factory option, yes?), but had a question. If any of you that surf (the net) more than me can answer, I'd appreciate it. I shot a Colt PocketNine with Novak's on it. I really liked the narrow front tenon on the Novak's. I found that Novak is .139" wide, the Heinie is .126" wide. Could anyone enlighten me as to the width of the Trijicon front sight? Any other suggestions for sights would be appreciated. I only specify that they be steel, and that the front sight have a tritium insert (the rear can, too, but no biggy, just gotta have one in front).

Thanks...

Also, anyone ever seen a Heinie or a Novak rear sight on a Sig? Got pics, maybe? I always thought a Novak looked out of place on a Glock, while a Heinie looked right. Anyone ever notice this? Trijicons seem to look right on anything. I know it's silly, but all else being equal, I hate it when my roscoe looks goofy. If it would give me an edge, I'd do it, don't get me wrong.

Eric

WESHOOT2
December 13, 2000, 07:28 AM
Heinie front, MMC adjustable rear (with/without tritium).

9mmepiphany
December 13, 2000, 02:16 PM
woo57 - there are no fancy sights that look good on the sig slide because the rear curves in and the top is convex rather than flat. the only way to mount a heine or novak rear sight :cool: without it looking like a hack job :o would be to mill/melt it in.

i'm looking into a set of ashley express sight. i think the heine looks pretty good on the glock. ;)