PDA

View Full Version : Ruger SR 40C Help plese! Need 2 holsters! Tactical & CC

Blindjim
August 10, 2012, 11:20 AM
Hi everyone!

I just got my new Ruger SR 40C and Viridian C5L, and together they are a great fit!!

Now I want to get dialed in and going with them ASAP.

I have been Googling till I'm Googled in the face trying to find holsters dedicated to the SR 40 compacts!

I'm astonished that as popular as this platform is, why there aren't tons of solutions for them all over the place!!

I'm wanting one house and range holster so I can have the LASER & light sight at the ready, and one holster for concealed carry without any lighting solution attached to it.

Naturally, cost is an issue but I’m figuring $100 and hopefully less for these problems in total should do it.

I want:
1. A tactical type so my Ruger SR 40C with it’s Viridian attached C5L laser sight can be worn in a sort of DUTY type affair… on the belt openly. Leather or Kidex is OK for this particular solution. Pretty much a decent fit here is fine. I’m not headed for Afganistan or Syria.

2. I want to carry this pistol concealed, without the laser sight on it. Consequently a second hidden on me solution is needed and your thoughts here are greatly appreciated as I do plan on traveling, and will primarily be using mass or public conveyances expressly. A secure, easy to access pocket, wallet, IWB, tucked or untucked holster will be super, I'm sure.

Posting the link to where you bought your choices will be a tremendous help!! Please do.

BTW, I’m a bit over six feet tall, and a pinch under 3 bills weightwise. If needed and it likely is, I’ve no problem buying different clothing to accommodate some IWB, pocket, Wallet, or other good holster. PLESE DO TELL ME IF I MUST DO THAT IN ORDER TO BETTER USE YOUR CC HOLSTER PICK (s)

Small of the back, and shoulder types are not for me.

Many, many, thanks for any and all thoughtful posts.

Hosty79
August 10, 2012, 12:24 PM
The easiest way to find bilateral to fit these is to look for bilateral for the SR9C, thats how I got my Desantis supertuk. I'm posting this from my phone so I can't add a link but I really like that holster for ccw.

Blindjim
August 10, 2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks much.

I'll try that but still, I want two individual holsters.

One with laser attached

One without laser attached for complete concealment