PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Gun

luk-e-1
December 12, 2000, 09:15 AM
I'm trying to locate a dealer that has for sale a Wesson and Harrington ModelCR1871 Buffalo classic rifle.Not the limited edition of 125 Anniversary edition but the Shooter.I have a brochure in my hand that the factory sent in reply to my reqest,Its beautiful,colored,and richly detailed.It shows and explains about The Anniversary edition,the plain edition,and a beautiful 12 ga.called the Long Tom Classic.It features every minor detail of each gun and I want one of each.I can't aford all of them .This is a moot point however as they do not tell me where i can buy one.New or used,any condition,even just a rumor of someone who has touched at some time in his life all info will be welcomed,and if able i will reply to all.I have a 45/70 handi-rifle by NEF and love it but would really like to try the longer barreled version.Mine is just 22" but shoots into one hole with several loads(including pyrodex 500 gr.Home cast loads)with scope on board. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Cherokee
December 12, 2000, 08:48 PM
luk-e-1,
Man I just bought one a couple of weeks ago at my buddies gun store. $259 plus tax. It has a nice black walnut, checkered stock, case hardened receiver /buttplate and long barrel in 45-70. I bought the rear sight leaf and stock weight from H&R. You can also get the other barrel and trigger guard with the coupon. It was love at first sight so I bought it to deer hunt with. I put a nice scope on it but have only got to site it in and it shoots great. IMHO it was a hell of a buy. I tried to get a friend to buy one but he was too late. My gun store buddy had sold out and couldn't get anymore from H&R as they quit production for the year. I check with him again tommorrow and see if he can locate or get info on another one and let you know. Good luck.
PS check gunbroker, I saw one for sale over there last week for $300 new.