PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer M400

SC4006
July 6, 2012, 10:34 PM
Does anyone here own a Sig M400, or have at least fired one? I have a brother that works at Sig Sauer in Exeter NH, and recently I was talking to him about how I would like to own an AR15 type rifle someday. He told me about Sig's new M400, and since he works there, he said he could get me one for under $500 brand new. Well I do realize that this is a pretty good deal, but I still am not 100% sure how well it functions as it is a pretty new firearm still. Apparently it has a 7 pound trigger pull aswell, is this normal for AR's? I am fairly new to firearms as a whole so any input about this would be helpful, thanks

--Basically what im getting at is should i buy it or no?

Marquezj16
July 8, 2012, 01:16 AM
Get one now or two. for $500 you will not find another AR in the same price range or quality.

As far as experience with one, I have only inspected one at the local gun shop. It looks to be a nice quality build without any play between the upper and lower receiver. I was able to dry fire it and the triger felt solid and smooth. No play or slack. Most ARs will have a heavier trigger pull. You can change triggers for $100-200 if it does not suit you.

If you have any problems with it. Sig has a great warranty to back it up.

If I had a deal like that for a Sig AR I would buy a half dozen.

CUBAN REDNECK
July 8, 2012, 01:33 AM
Yes, I would agree. Buy one or two at that price if possible. My local Wal-Mart has them for around $900 with the Magpul package in OD green. Looks like a quality buy and SIG is a brand that has a great reputation.:cool:

LockedBreech
July 8, 2012, 01:45 AM
$500? Write check, mall check.

Micropterus
July 8, 2012, 10:06 AM
I own an M400. It's a great rifle. Someone recently asked about the M400 on this board and I posted a lengthy comparison between it and the Colt LE6920 (which I also have). (The guy that posted that question must have just been posting to be posting since he never acknowledged my response to his question.) Here's a link to that thread and photos...

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=493373

If you can get an M400 for $500, buy two. That's essentially half price. Sig's M400 is a very good rifle.

SC4006
July 9, 2012, 12:52 AM
Thanks to everyone who replied, seems to be a pretty good rifle after all . I have always known that SIG firearms were quality in general, but was just a little unsure about the rifles they make since they mainly manufacture pistols. I'll definitely be buying one or two soon though!