PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg 935

Alan Duke
June 24, 2012, 10:49 AM
Any one know where I can find a firing pin,return spring tube and plunger,and retaining link for the gas system? I've tried Numrick and a few other sites with no luck.

The gun fires once with a full tube and then will not fire. It loads the second round, but will not fire.

Thanks in advance................ Alan

zippy13
June 24, 2012, 11:40 AM
Have you tried Mossberg's customer service? Typically, when a gun is still in production, like a 935, the maker will supply parts. After a gun is discontinued, some makers will sell off their parts inventory to the likes of Numrich.

Orphanedcowboy
June 24, 2012, 12:34 PM
Sounds like there is more going on than just replacing parts will fix. Have you thoroughly stripped the gun and cleaned it, including removing the shell stop? If not start there, trash behind the shell stop on a 930/935 will cause feed and fire issues.

Alan Duke
June 25, 2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks .....OC/zippy.............We tore it all the way down and removed all the "grease" the prior owner used on it. ( I won't get started on that ). It was then lightly oiled and test fired again with the same issues. I don't know enough to diagnose the problem beyond that.

TheKlawMan
June 27, 2012, 07:27 PM
Have you determined that after the second round is chambered the bolt is all the way into battery? If you push the bolt handle forward does it then go into battery?