PDA

View Full Version : Sig 1911s: Worth jobbing?

AndyWest
June 21, 2012, 03:52 PM
I love Sigs, and my STX 1911 is no exception. Is it worth some extra money to tighten up the "loose" trigger and grip safety?

KyJim
June 21, 2012, 03:57 PM
It depends on how much these bother you. I have one 1911 that has a trigger with some vertical "slop" but is otherwise an excellent pistol. So far, I've opted to leave it alone. To get a "tighter" fit on either the trigger or grip safety would require a good gunsmith for most of us. I don't tend to modify my 1911s much. I pay more money for some so they don't need to go to a gunsmith. With others, I'll tolerate a fit or finish that is not as nice so long as the gun is reliable and shoots well.

Olympus
June 21, 2012, 04:40 PM
Worth is a very subjective thing. I'd say get an estimate on the work from a gunsmith and then decide for yourself. Only you can determine if it's "worth it" to you.

My old man spends a lot of money having vehicles detailed to an insane cleanliness. To me, it's a complete waste of money. But to him, it's worth every penny.

TacticalDefense1911
June 21, 2012, 07:39 PM
Trigger jobs are a simple fix. If it bothers you and you have the money to spend on fixing it then I say get it taken care of. If the gun functions fine and you don't have the money to spend then leave it alone for now. Its really up to you and your circumstances. Lower end 1911's will tend to have some issues; there have been many people who have spent alot of money getting them fixed so you would not be the first to spend a little money perfecting a 1911.