PDA

View Full Version : Anyone shot the EAA SAR ST10 in 9mm?

Mrgunsngear
June 19, 2012, 04:55 PM
Like the title says, has anyone shot this gun. I like the looks of it and it looks to be patterned like the K2 which I like.

If you've shot it/own it, what do you think of it?

greatmoose
June 26, 2012, 10:05 PM
I've got one, sadly haven't got to shoot it yet. It's frickin' sweet from a design standpoint, though. Trying to determine if the mags are based on Cz-75 mags or P226 mags. I'm guessing CZ mags will work if need be. The slide is a little thinner than I expected (that's not a bad thing), and it has the nicest machined alloy frame I've ever seen. Doesn't even feel like metal. Feels like...porcelain. The recoil spring system is really cool, similar to the USP, but significantly beefier. The fit is incredibly tight (they're apparently made on a 7-axis CNC machine. Had no idea such an animal existed). There's not a cast part in it. Everything is forged. Hopefully get to shoot it this weekend. Still can't determine exactly what the slide finish is. Website says blue, but I don't think that's what it is. Kinda like wonderfinish.

greatmoose
June 29, 2012, 08:36 AM
Oh, and I just discovered today that it's got night sights! I think they're just glow-in-the-dark paint, but still.

Mrgunsngear
June 29, 2012, 08:52 AM
Good to hear, the only feature of the gun that I don't like after researching it is the lack of a de-cocker... but I can work with that. Let us know how it shoots and a few pics of the gun/internals wouldn't hurt either! :D

greatmoose
June 29, 2012, 10:22 AM
Will do. I sent sarsilmaz an email asking for more technical information (slide material, mag compatibility, service life, etc...) since there's NO information really on the intertubes. Haven't heard back yet. Internals are very simple, similar to a P226, with a big ole honkin' recoil system. Interestingly, the chamber walls aren't super thick (like a ruger or USP), not too thin, but a bit thinner than I'm used to. The whole think looks and feels like a USP that's been on a diet; just slimmer all over.

greatmoose
July 5, 2012, 08:58 AM
Pics coming, but a short note: the chamber walls are NOT as thin as I thought, they just have a huge freakin' bevel at the front to facilitate ammo feeding. It's ENORMOUS. It almost looks like a .357sig chamber (but not as deep). Very cool feature.