PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever tried masters brand holsters?

alec.ray
June 17, 2012, 10:02 PM
First off let me say I do not prefer shoulder holsters and have only worn them on a few occasions to learn safe drawing and holstering. So please do not start in with the shoulder holsters are bad argument. I know the pros and cons, and they are what will work best for the circumstances.

I just got a part time job as a cab driver on the weekends while I'm in college. I'm 6'8" tall and 350 pounds in the driver seat of a 4 door car, and the owner is very adamant that if I am going to carry while on the clock it has to be on my person at all times. With being as big as I am the only way I can have the gun on me and be able to draw if necessary while sitting in a car seat is a shoulder holster. So I have a couple of questions...

Has anyone ever tried masters brand holsters, particularly the shoulder holster? I have talked to them twice and they have been very helpful about appeasing my concerns that it would fit me comfortably and that the back straps would lay down flat enough to be covered by a button up shirt. they made it clear that if I had any problems I could return it for a full refund. But although they are friendly and helpful it is there job to sell there products and I am hoping someone could give me an idea of the quality and comfort of the fit.

I always wear carpenter jeans or cargo shorts and carry a small mag-lite in the knee pocket. But I only carry one spare mag in case of a FTF or magazine problem, I am hoping to use the second mag pouch for a flashlight so I have one handy without having to fish it out from the knee pocket. I am looking for ideas on a flashlight that is the right size (about the size of a Glock 21 mag.)

Here is the website in case you need to see what holster I'm talking about.

http://www.jbpholsters.com/servlet/the-63/LEATHER-GUN-SHOULDER-HOLSTER/Detail

Hammerless
June 25, 2012, 09:57 PM
I have two Master's holsters: one pancake for my Ruger SP101 and one IWB for my Glock 23. They are comfortable. The quality and the price is very good. My local gun store sells them. I have not used a shoulder holster so I can't speak for comfort but I would think they would be the same quality. Looking at the pictures at the link you provided it looks like a good piece. It's a good idea to pack as a cab driver. Good luck.