PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

TankBu5ter94
June 4, 2012, 10:20 PM
This past sunday my father and i attended a gun show here in California ( yes there still are gunshows in California LOL ) and within five minutes of being there i got my dad to buy a handgun he has been eyeing for a while. It was a SIG P229 in 40S&W he got it for $700 cash its the basic P229 do you guys think that was a fair price and if u have any experience with a P229 or own one please tell me what you think of it.

S_Constitutionist
June 5, 2012, 11:37 AM
Its not a steal, but for CA I'd say its a pretty good price! Elsewhere they dont go for much more than that.

Sigs are fine guns as long as you like DA/SA or DAK triggers. I've tried to like them for their reliability, but I just cant get over it... :(

aarondhgraham
June 5, 2012, 11:39 AM
Doesn't California have the ten day waiting period?

If so, how and where do you pick up a pistol you purchase at a gun show?

Aarond

10-96
June 5, 2012, 05:17 PM
Was it new or used- or did I miss that part somwhere?

Either way, I don't think he got hosed (esp if new). I've noticed, or it seems, there's a bit of a shortage of firearms these days compared to 6-8 months ago. Just doesn't seem to be as many of them on the regualr places I check. Plus, isn't most things a tad bit higher in the PRC?

I carry a 229DAK 9mm for duty and think it's a superb firearm. I went through the factory armorer's course, and that has only increased my respect for them. We seem to run ours a little harder than many of the state and local agencies around here, and the in the time that we've had them they are far ahead better duty weapon than our old Beretta 92D Centurians.

Mostly I carry a 239 off duty these days and so far, it too has delivered nothing but 100% stellar performance.

TankBu5ter94
June 5, 2012, 06:54 PM
yes 10-96 it was a brand new pistol, we thought it was used to when we first saw the price and to answer your question aarond yes there is a 10 cool off period over here in California and when u buy a gun where u pick it up can vary if it is a stores booth u may have to drive there to pick it up at thier shop or have to pay a transfer fee to get it shipped to a store near you the only exception is if the gun was made in like the 1800's if that is the case you can walk out the door with it, its a law here in California not to sure if its only California though