PDA

View Full Version : Rossi Circut Judge Stuff

KROIL
May 14, 2012, 07:09 PM
Well I own one of the Circut Judge's in .45 colt/.410. Right off the bat I thought it was ok accurate. But its not. With a load of 8.5gr of Unique and a 250 gr jfn (which is very accurate out of my 5.5" blackhawk) it PRINTS 4 to 5 inches to eather side of the bull at 50 yds. I am pretty sure its that BIG jump to the barrel from that LONG .410 chambered cylinder. I may slug the bore to see if its bigger than .452. Has anyone who owns one of these tried a longer COL to make that extra distance through the cylinder a little shorter. The other issue with these is cracking of the buttstock at the tang. When I received mine I noticed play / looseness with the buttstock. This may be an issue on others causing the cracking if you dont tighten them up. I tightened mine up and with 250+ rds out the barrel the buttstock is ok with no sign of cracking.The trigger seems to get alot better the more you shoot it. Other than that stuff its a hoot to shoot ! Practical its not but fun it is.

mr.t7024
May 15, 2012, 06:30 PM
nice gun,sold them at Bass Pro in MA. :)Cliff

officemax1
June 6, 2012, 01:44 PM
I own and shoot a Circuit Judge. I have read NEGATIVE postings about this gun from people who DO NOT OWN ONE. I have shot Golden Bear .410 3" Magnum shotshells @ 10 yrds and destroyed a 4" melon. I have also shot .45 cowboys @ 50 yrds + and they are on the money. If someone pointed this gun at me, I would kiss my but good by. Don't put down this gun if you haven't used it.

KROIL
June 6, 2012, 05:53 PM
Hmmm...The first box of .45 colts I ran through it were Black Hills cowboy loads and the accuracy was way better than the more powerful hand loads I used last. The cowboys carried a lead 250 gr bullet and the handloads were jacketed.250's. I do have a box of winchester PDX or whatever they are called. Gona try them next. I measured the bullet dia. on the winchesters. They were .451 not .452 diameter. Maybe the CJ likes light loads , guess I will find out.