PDA

View Full Version : Ruger P95 opinion

bedidin
March 31, 2012, 12:51 PM
I recently purchased a new Ruger P95 9mm. It came with plastic box, 2 mags, gun lock, and "speed" loader. I paid $320 otd. From what I can tell this is an average price so I feel good about that. The gun is a little too big for CCW but it can be done. I'm a lefty so I like the ambi mag release and safety. I've read they've had minor issues for first 200rds but then perform flawlessly after broken in. I bought 500rds of Remington UMC 9mm Luger 115gn ammo. Went to range yesterday and was impressed. I could fire that gun all day! I had ZERO issues from round #1 thru round #500. It was extremely reliable and exceeded every expectation of mine. I know these aren't the best 9mm around but they are definately a solid buy for a budget. My only dislike is the trigger pull in DA. The SA is crisp. But for a few bucks I can put a different spring in. Overall impression is a solid "A".

Blake

SecurityMike
March 31, 2012, 01:04 PM
Yes! I tell everyone that will listen how awesome the P95 is. I've put 2000 rds or so through mine and I've never had any sort of failure or issue no matter the ammo.

Pops 1
March 31, 2012, 08:08 PM
Bought my second P95 this week.

Ruger2014
March 31, 2012, 09:45 PM
My first P95 was flawless. second one had a small nick in the feed ramp when I bought it but was repaired by Ruger without a hassle,( awesome CS). IMO the best 9mm for the money.

nokia16601
April 1, 2012, 12:28 AM
I just posted a thread about two weeks ago about my new P95. Mine was priced $319 before tax so you got a little better price than me. It's been two weeks now and Ruger still has my gun, but I have faith that they will get everything taken care of. Congrats on the purchase, I'll give my true opinion when I get mine back from Ruger.

Chris

4V50 Gary
April 1, 2012, 08:45 AM
Much better gun than my P-85. Ruger engineers really refined their gun, not only cleaning up its lines but also simplifying it by reducing the number of parts and making the remaining parts multi-tasked.

Kreyzhorse
April 1, 2012, 06:05 PM
For the price, I don't believe you can find a better gun. I do not own one, but shoot my buddies often and am very impressed with it.

rickpaul
April 1, 2012, 06:34 PM
Ran 200 rounds today through my brand new P95. Not a single failure in first 200 rounds. complete confidence in this gun.

GaryH
April 1, 2012, 06:48 PM
I know these aren't the best 9mm around......

Best is a relative term when you talk about a 9mm pistol that goes bang every time. A $300 pistol that performs as well as one that costs three times as much is the best pistol in my opinion.

bedidin
April 1, 2012, 07:48 PM
I stand corrected. Well put GaryH.

Dakotared
April 1, 2012, 09:21 PM
I too have a P95 and love it. As some one else started a thread today about his lady friend having some FTE/FTF, my wife has the same problem with this gun. I myself have never had troubles with it.