PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 92 for IPSC

Patrick Graham
November 30, 2000, 08:48 PM
I think I'll try it. Has anyone else used a 92 for IPSC/USPSA?

Mike Davies
December 1, 2000, 01:00 AM
Are you planning to shoot the Beretta 92 in the Production Class or Limited/Limited 10?
Any particular reason why you want to try a Beretta? Do you own one?
Mike

wakal
December 1, 2000, 04:03 PM
The guy that won Production class at this year's big international match in San Angelo did it with a box-stock 92SF out of a cheapie nylon holster.

In production class, it isn't so much the hardware as the shooter...

A

WESHOOT2
December 1, 2000, 08:40 PM
Fine gun; just use good ammo.

Ned Roundtree
December 1, 2000, 09:10 PM
Shoot what you got. Have fun.

Patrick Graham
December 2, 2000, 09:24 AM
This will be my 4th match.
The first 3 were shot with a Glock.

I'll be shooting limited with the 92 because I have all Hi-cap mags.

I just wanted to try this gun in a match because I like the trigger pull after the first round. However, that first double action round could change my mind and send me back to the Glock for the next match.

My Glock is all 10 round mags so I guess that's production class. Are there any problems with switching classes around like that? I'm new at this.

Mike Davies
December 3, 2000, 06:41 PM
Try shooting in the "Limited 10" class witht the Glock. I shoot in both Limited and Limited 10 with my Norinco 1911A1. Being from Canada, being allowed to use a 10rnd magazine in my gun is a bonus.<g>
I see Limited 10 as an advantage, because I can use my 10rnd magazines; Americans see it as a disadvantage, because they're *limited* to a 10 round magazine. Neat.<g>
So, shoot your Beretta 92FS in the Limited Class with your Hi-Caps, and your Glock in Limited 10 with your 10rnd mags. Alternate, it's fun.
Mike