PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Beretta 87 Target reviews & updates !

WIN1886
March 25, 2012, 10:55 AM
Hey All !

Newbie here ! I'm interested in purchasing a competitive target / hunting semi auto 22 lr pistol that has an accessory rail for mounting scopes or red dot optics ! After some searching I came across the Beretta model 87 Target which looks like a good contender ! Anybody care to share a review or some details about the 87 target such as reliability , accuracy , workmanship quality , or anything else I may have left out ! Thanks !

JHansenAK47
March 25, 2012, 07:36 PM
I love mine.

It is my most accurate pistol and feeds as reliably. I've only had problems with bad ammo like remington 22lr. Everything else works great.

The only thing I don't like is the trigger. Don't get me wrong it is a good trigger. It just needs a trigger job to take it from good to amazing.

The only other thing which doesn't really bother me is that you have to have a wrench to take the pistol down.

I would definetly buy another one if something happend to my current one.

chadio
March 25, 2012, 10:14 PM
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_11_51/ai_n15402278/

Massad Ayoob does a nice review here. ~I really like the 87 target, hope to own one someday.

WIN1886
March 26, 2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the info.......I 'm going to give the 87 Target a try and order one up ! Get back to you all when I get it and put some rounds through it....can't wait ! :)

wwwprof
March 26, 2012, 07:14 PM
I have had mine for about two years. Very accurate and much better than I am. On a good day, I can put 26/30 in black on a standard bullseye target at 50 feet without a rest.

WIN1886
March 28, 2012, 06:45 PM
Anybody know if there are some aftermarket target style grips you can buy for the model 87 target ? I know the Beretta home site advertises a set of wood grips with a right hand thumb rest....but they are out of stock ! Thanks !

wwwprof
April 1, 2012, 07:18 PM
I have the wood grips on mine. They show up on the Beretta site occasionally. Check the Beretta Forum, eBay, GunBroker, CDNN. I have seen them offered on each from time-to-time.

WIN1886
April 1, 2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah , thanks for some tips on trying to locate the wood target grips...I like grips that have a thumb rest and to me wood grips look nicer ! I just got the 87 Target a couple days ago and I can't wait to bring it to the range ! I'm going to do a lot of target practice with it with the iron sights but want to eventually get an Ultradot Matchdot or similar red dot optics to mount on it as well !