PDA

View Full Version : Best deal on Bushnell TRS-25 red dot sight?

Addicted2Shooting
March 14, 2012, 10:54 AM
Bushnell TRS-25 red dot sight 731303
Features

Multi-coated optics
Amber-Brightâ„¢ high contrast lens coating
100% waterproof/fogproof/shockproof construction
Dry-nitrogen filled
CR2032 battery

I am dead set on getting this particular red dot for my newly acquired m&p 15-22. Unfortunately, every decently priced website informs me that they are out of stock and on backorder for 2-3 weeks. Can anyone confirm where I might be able to pick one up for less than $90.00 at this point? I was hoping to snag one for $80 no tax, free shipping...but that doesn't look like its going to happen.
:confused:
Thanks in advance

*Note: Botachtactical and opticsplanet are both on backorder.

Te Anau
March 14, 2012, 12:44 PM
My local Gander Mountain had em on clearance a couple of months ago.:confused:

Addicted2Shooting
March 14, 2012, 06:38 PM
This is nuts....I've tryed picking one up on ebay and gunbroker and some jerk drives up the bid to well over retail. I've tried botachtactical, opticsplanet, B&H photo?...and just about every other decently priced business listed under google shopping. Either the website shows they're out of stock, or I get a backorder notice a day later. :mad:

Am I really going to have to shell out another $20-$30 for this red dot sight that was supposedly on sale from $60-$80 over the past few months?

Its funny, but it kills me...I've already spent $30 on 2 YHM 1/2" risers JUST for this optic and now I'm having this much trouble getting a reasonable deal on the sight.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Any money saved on optics is money put towards ammo.

bejay
March 15, 2012, 04:16 AM
not sure which one you want exactly as your numbers dont seem to match but may just have to spend a little more if you cant find it in stock somewhere.
http://www.tactical-store.com/ts-bu-rd-730131.html
http://www.tactical-store.com/ts-bu-rs-731303.html

Addicted2Shooting
March 15, 2012, 05:46 PM
Yeah, thanks for the catch...I corrected my original post. The model# 731303 is correct. I figure I'll wait a couple weeks as EVERY dealer I've spoke with has said ETA to be 2-4weeks. If nothing gives, I guess I'll shell out the extra cash and pay the higher amount :(

Addicted2Shooting
March 16, 2012, 11:18 AM
For anyone considering buying one...your best bet is going to be to wait until mid April which is when I am being told by NUMEROUS online dealers as well as Bushnell that they'll be re-stocked for around $80.

You know how it goes when you get a new toy and want that accessory that you just can't seem to find the right deal on...You think you want it so bad that you go on ebay or gunbroker and pay twice what they retail at other places for because you have no patience....yeah not gonna happen here. If I can't snag one new on ebay for less than $90, I'm just going to forget about it for a month and hopefully they'll be restocked everywhere as people say they will be.

There's a lot of people out there trying to take advantage of supply and demand with jacked up prices. I guess its a question of how bad you need it, and if you have any patience. :D

PunchinPaper
March 16, 2012, 02:24 PM
Have you tried Cabelas ?
I got 2 from there several months ago when they had them on sale.
Also you may look online and see if there is a current rebate offer for Bushnell optics. I saved $60 on mine after I sent in the rebate.
BTW..the TRS's are nice you should be pleased once you get your hands on one.

dreamer56
March 16, 2012, 07:58 PM
Bushnell Rebate - evidently some got it and some did not. I heard about that deal and called Bushnell to confirm they would honor it on the TRS-25 and they said "no" - you guys that got that got a great deal! The coupon did not list this scope and I think by the time I got up to speed they had caught the error on paying out.:eek:

Good to hear they will come down in price mid-April - I have been watching and was disappointed as well at the prices - so, hope that information from the online dealers is correct.

Addicted2Shooting
March 16, 2012, 11:48 PM
Well...I managed to snag a new one on eBay today for a total of 84.95 shipped. Should be new according to the auction listing...

"...Bushnell red dot TRS-25. This scope came with a new shotgun I got From Gander Mt. I do not like red dot scopes that is why I am selling it. Gander Mt. sells this scope for 99.95 Comes with box & manual."

So I ended up paying a few extra bucks and bought it 'second hand', but its a much better deal than $100+ I was seeing all over the net.

Come to find out, I don't have much patience and just luckily snagged this one for a decent price. It was gonna kill me to wait until mid-April. For God's sake, I've got run & gun drills to do; I can't wait that long :p

Torgo
April 13, 2012, 01:54 PM
So how did the TRS25 work out? I am considering buying one.

X_shooter
April 13, 2012, 07:55 PM
I picked one up at Cabelas a couple of months ago for $69 on sale. It is tiny, but works well for me on my .22 rifles. Don't pay more than that IMO.