PDA

View Full Version : Desert Eagles made in Israel - Quality?

Atomix
March 4, 2012, 07:48 PM
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge about whether a Desert Eagle 50AE made in Israel is any better than on made in the US? I'm hearing lots of opinions locally, but not from anyone that knows for sure.

Skans
March 5, 2012, 08:38 AM
Quality is really no better or worse. There are some features of the American made DE's that aren't on most (or all) of the Israeli ones. Basically, the XIX models featured the ability to interchange barrels and it had a milled scope rail. I think some of the Israeli guns had the milled scope rail as well.

Mrgunsngear
March 5, 2012, 10:06 AM
I can only speak to the one I own.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/tiffani33/Guns/IMG00048-20100201-1735.jpg

The .40 Baby Eagle I bought about 10 years ago is solid as a rock. The frame was built in Israel and I've never had an issue through about 2k rounds thus far. I realize it's not the big boy and the round count is low but that's been my experience.

tahunua001
March 5, 2012, 01:57 PM
I could be off the mark but from what I understand the quality was about the same between american and isreali made guns until Kahr bought them out and it's been slipping a bit ever since.

Iron Man
March 5, 2012, 09:11 PM
I have two of the of the guns from Israel. I have the full size .50 AE and a hard chrome baby eagle in 9MM. Both are amazing and some of the fineist firearms I have had the pleasure to shoot.

I don't know anything about the American made guns.