PDA

View Full Version : Savage AccuTrigger interchangeability?

Jabomb9
February 23, 2012, 10:24 PM
I currently have a Savage 111 in .300 win mag and it did not come with the AccuTrigger for some reason. However, I am looking at getting the 93R17 and that DOES come with the AccuTrigger. Does anybody know if it's possible to just swap the triggers between the two rifles?

hoffbill
February 23, 2012, 10:40 PM
I was shopping for a trigger for my 111 a few months ago, I also have a 93 and if memory serves me correctly they will not interchange. The rimfire is a different trigger, at least the housing and mountings are different. This is my memory but if you check the rifle basix or timney I think you will find a different model trigger for those rifles.

MoBart
February 23, 2012, 11:52 PM
No, they arent interchangable and if I remember right (%ts been a while since I have done anything but rare and occasional shooting with a bolt gun) the older non accu-trigger equipped actions cant be retrofit. There should be smiths outthere capable of doing that conversion but Id bet the price would be better for just buying a new rifle. The accutrifgger is, however, a fantastic piece of gear. If a company rings something to market and every other manufacurer quickly copies something similar, there is a reason. I have a rimfire with it, and absolutly love it

Scorch
February 24, 2012, 11:47 AM
The non-AccuTrigger models will not accept an AccuTrigger, but you can buy a Rifle Basix trigger for them that feels great.

Txhillbilly
February 24, 2012, 10:26 PM
If you want an Accutigger installed on a Non-Accutrigger rifle,Kevin Rayhill at Stockade Guns can/will do the conversion for you.

http://www.stockadegunstocks.com/#

hoffbill
February 24, 2012, 11:42 PM
I put a Rifle Basix trigger on my 111 and am pretty happy with it. The first one I got would not adjust, I called and they sent another immediately with postage to return the other. The second trigger worked, although I had to work at it a little bit to get it set where I wanted it, 2 1/4 lbs. It is nice and crisp. The accu trigger on my rimfire is excellent as well. I have not experienced the complaints some have posted on forums, but I am not a competition shooter so what I think is good some might find unacceptable. :D