PDA

View Full Version : Never sure where to post scope threads....

Te Anau
February 22, 2012, 02:12 PM
The Art of the Rifle......General Discussion........Gear and accessories....:confused:

hoytinak
February 22, 2012, 02:27 PM
Gettin' in on this cause I'd like to hear the mods answer. You'd think the "gear and accessories" section however, post there don't get viewed near as much as the "rifle" section so I've seen most people post there.

Mal H
February 22, 2012, 02:37 PM
I have to agree that where to discuss that particular accessory has always been a gray area. My thinking is that it goes equally well in either Rifles, Gear and Accessories, or General Handguns (for handgun specific scopes such as EER's).

In general, we will leave the thread where it lands if it is in one of those forums. Rarely, if ever, would it be appropriate as the main topic in a General Discussion thread.

Strictly in my opinion, questions and discussions about a scope specific to a certain rifle fit best in the Rifle forum. I view them as an integrated system.

Bud Helms
February 25, 2012, 10:00 AM
We have started moving discussions about scopes, gun cabinets, gun safes, backstops, targets and such out of General Discussion to Gear & Accys.

Sometimes a title will not really address the actual topic of dicussion intended by the OP. We miss that occasionally and move a scope title to Gear & Accys when it really was about mounting problems on a specific rifle. In that case it could, and maybe should, have gone to the Art of the Rifle.

We try to discriminate accurately.