PDA

View Full Version : Spike's Tactical.....two thumbs down

kealil
February 21, 2012, 12:59 PM
Hello All,

Just thought I'd report a bad experience I recently had(today in fact) with Spike's Tactical.

I recently bought a Spike's ST-22 complete upper so I could have some fun with the AR15 platform. Got the upper, connected it to my lower, everything seemed A-OK. Took it out to the range to try her out. five rounds down the pipe then "click" nothing. OK, charge it again. "click" nothing. No signs of impact on the rounds no nothing.

Took the rifle apart, looked at the BCG, can't see the firing pin. Took it to a gunsmith just to be sure I wasn't crazy. I was only half crazy. The firing pin was there but it was broken in half.

I'm ****** because this happened after five rounds, but I understand things happen.

I call Spike's to get some form of resolution. First of all, they apparently have three to four hour lunch breaks because no one answered from 10am to 2 pm. their hours are apparently 9am - 5pm Mon-Fri. When I did get in contact with them, they told me that there is nothing they can do because they don't carry that part anymore (the ST-22) despite the fact that I got it new less than a month ago. Since they don't carry that part, there is nothing that they can do except charge me $120 for the firing pin...Not the BCG, JUST the firing pin.

I'm done, I'm selling the upper at a loss, for parts, whatever. I'm tired of BS. I will never buy Spike's ANYTHING again.

Sorry for the rant but I hate it when companies abuse their clients for no reason. I know this thread will probably be closed but I had to get this out of system.

Thanks all Have a good one!:D

Chris_B
February 21, 2012, 01:01 PM
call back and talk to a different service rep this time

precision_shooter
February 21, 2012, 02:59 PM
Unfortunately, it's usually the first interaction with a companies customer service that leaves the lasting impression on consumers...

Not a good move on the part of Spikes, but I agree that you should still contact them and speak to another agent. If you get the same result, then you know that to do...

UtopiaTexasG19
February 21, 2012, 03:07 PM
As with any business, when a certain product is flying out the door as fast as they can be produced, some businesses don't give a darn about customer service. Once the AR fad dies down and word gets around those businesses that treated their customers poorly will eventually feel the pain. I know that doesn't help you out now but your post will stear others in the right direction...

Skadoosh
February 21, 2012, 03:23 PM
How much do you want for the entire upper?

pturner67
February 21, 2012, 04:14 PM
Kealil...you're right. Spikes is a terrible company and they make worthless BS products.

You should sell me that terrible and worthless BS piece of crud upper for $20 and let me deal with their terrible customer service department.

For every negative review on Spikes, there's probably at least 1,000 great reviews.

Wait, I meant Spikes is terrible. Do you want my address to ship that $20 upper?

;)

Cow
February 21, 2012, 04:51 PM
I agree with the other poster, call back, and talk to someone higher up. Don't let one phone answering flunkie ruin your whole experience. You're understandly mad, go to bed tonight and call them in the morning when you can think more clear.

Maybe this persons supervisor can give you the "hook up" or make it right in some way.

For the record, I don't own a "Spike's" anything.

Fishbed77
February 21, 2012, 06:37 PM
Spikes typically has a lifetime warranty on their products. Does this not also cover the ST-22?

I think you just need to call back and talk to someone else. All I've ever heard about are good experiences with Spikes CS.

RyeDaddy
February 21, 2012, 07:36 PM
I agree, call back and talk to someone else. This is the first time I've heard anything bad about their service, I hope they make it right. They sure ought to.

BPowderkeg
February 21, 2012, 11:55 PM
read their warranty on this URL:
http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/page_4.html

here is the first paragraph:

Warranty
Spike’s Tactical products have always been designed and built to the higher standards demanded by the discriminating consumer. To clearly demonstrate that Spike’s Tactical products offer world-class quality, Spike’s Tactical offers a full lifetime warranty on all Spike’s Tactical built products. The lifetime warranty will remain in full force and effect as long as Spike’s Tactical is still in operation.

i urge you to call back, ask to talk to the owner, i would bet he will ask you to send your upper back and he will replace it with one of your choice or equal value.

5.56RifleGuy
February 22, 2012, 12:02 AM
Don't take this the wrong way, but did you act like a jerk when you did get a hold of someone?

Sometimes that can affect how helpful someone is willing to be, regardless of the circumstances.

madcratebuilder
February 22, 2012, 08:44 AM
Don't take this the wrong way, but did you act like a jerk when you did get a hold of someone?

Sometimes that can affect how helpful someone is willing to be, regardless of the circumstances.

+10000000000

First of all Spikes is well known for it's good CS.

Second, you were unfortunate to have a defective firing pin. Why didn't you just put a new $15 firing pin in when you had it at the gun smith's? Then call Spikes and have them send a new one to use as a spare.

Firing pins are a consumable part with the AR platform, you should have one or two in your parts pack.

LostSword
February 22, 2012, 10:10 AM
This is my first post YAY!

Hello kealil,

I actually have a very similar issue to yours, eerily similar in fact. However when I called Spikes and told them the issue, they immediately asked for my info and said "Ok your firing pin is on the way". No charge, no shipping fees, nothing.

You have been way too harsh for what I see as a non-issue. I don't know who YOU called but I had no issue with Spike's. I'm probably gonna buy from them again.

Also, please for the love of God take the name off your sig! That can get people in trouble PM for details:mad:

jem375
February 22, 2012, 10:17 AM
I don't believe that they told you that a firing pin cost $120, that's ridiculous.. DPMS firing pins on the Midway website are $5.99, and the Spikes couldn't cost that much...

Chris_B
February 22, 2012, 12:18 PM
Listen, I don't know what crawled up your butt and died but deal with it.

We don't typically do stuff like this here. Some forums are very confrontational and tolerate this type of agressive post but at TFL we like to be a little more friendly. There's no reason to post that sort of thing. Please try to get along

Art Eatman
February 22, 2012, 06:36 PM
And I do ndeed hope LostSword needs no further comments about style. :D

Palmetto-Pride
February 22, 2012, 07:02 PM
For those telling him to just get another fireing pin. I am sure that the st22 is a .22LR and probably requires a special firing pin not a standard AR 5.56 firing pin.

badazzar15
February 23, 2012, 04:24 PM
Please give us a ring, we don't have .22 parts in stock to sell, but ALL ST products are convered under Warranty. We do have .22 Warranty replacement parts in stock. Just ask for Bill and he will take care of it for you.

precision_shooter
February 23, 2012, 06:31 PM
^^^ And there you have it!

Art Eatman
February 23, 2012, 08:32 PM
Looks like the problem is solved. :)