PDA

View Full Version : Lc9 update

Polglock
February 20, 2012, 06:52 PM
I've now put just over 500 rounds through the lc9. I was skeptical after my purchase because of mixed reviews I've read but I'm now content with my purchase. I've only had it about a week and cleaned it only when I got it home n.i.b. I feel pretty confident in this being my carry piece. It fits well in the de santis I.w.b holster and I've also purchased an extra mag. If anyone is considering this gun, mine has been great. Happy shooting.

Wishoot
February 20, 2012, 09:31 PM
That's good to know. I pick mine up in 2 days.

kennethlee
February 20, 2012, 09:42 PM
After two blown out extractors, the first after 20 rounds, the second after two rounds fired, I sent mine back to the factory. It came back and I have 67 rounds through it using a mix of Hornady Critical Defense, S&B and UMC FMJ.

I'm hoping it's fixed because I like it. I'll put another 100 rounds through it next weekend and use it for carry if it goes well. I have the Desantis IWB holster too. It rides a little low but sure conceals well.

Skans
February 21, 2012, 08:46 AM
I've put over 300 rounds through my LC9 - completely flawless. But, if it suffered from two blown extractors, I'd have a real problem trusting that gun. I don't know what is causing yours to suffer from blown extractors. I'm not trying to turn you off on this gun (I like mine), just expressing how I'd probably sour on it pretty fast.

Marquezj16
February 21, 2012, 09:23 AM
For the guys with the blown extractors - what ammo were you using and how did Ruger fix your problem?

I've been lucky so far, but if I ever have a problem, I expect the company to back it's product. And if it still has the same problem, it probably will not stay in my possesion much longer.