PDA

View Full Version : Magpul AR15 Lower Receiver

boostedtt91
January 26, 2012, 10:36 PM
Is Magpul actually going to be producing and selling there own ar15 lower receiver or is it just hear say? I have not been able to really find any definite answers if they actually are or not.

5RWill
January 26, 2012, 11:34 PM
Last i heard they were a limited run and very few people got their hands on them, mainly ones with connections. Kind of like the Blackwater Lower. Other than that no they aren't selling them. Unless they've announced something new at SHOT and i was unaware of it.

tirod
January 27, 2012, 01:47 PM
A new S&W Magpul edition is coming out with Magpul marked forged lower and furniture.

boostedtt91
January 27, 2012, 03:33 PM
A new S&W Magpul edition is coming out with Magpul marked forged lower and furniture

Do you know when?

bigghoss
January 27, 2012, 11:57 PM
If you are talking about magpul's (very cool looking) machined stripped lower than I believe those were a special run that ended a couple years ago. I haven't seen the S&W/magpul forged lower but if it's forged it'll probably look like any regular lower and not like the magpul machined lower.

madcratebuilder
February 27, 2012, 07:28 AM
Some of the lowers I would consider for a quality build.

AXTS A-DAC-F (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2412)

Mega billet (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1745)

Gen 2 Noveske (http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2807)

I've been using my AXTS build for about one year and it's by far my favorite, Much faster clearing drills. The 45* selector should be standard on all AR's.

tirod
February 27, 2012, 09:13 AM
In functional terms of accuracy, durability, and function, all the lower does is hold the trigger parts in their mechanical relationship, and provide a hole for the magazine to sit.

The design of the AR is NOT like a typical bolt gun, the engineering is done differently, and using the typical assumptions to science out how it functions will lead the shooter into spending a lot of money on unproductive and useless parts.

The key item in the AR isn't how it handles the gas, it's the barrel extension screwed onto the end that creates the bolt lug lockup. Having that means that an extruded aluminum upper with polymer lower is entirely possible - and that is exactly where the evolution of combat rifle design is going.

Receivers on the AR just hold the parts together, if any one connection is important, it's the way the barrel extension fits the upper. Lower? It really makes very little difference - even the floppiest GI gun can still shoot expert, all that changes is how the hammer hits the firing pin. If the upper flops to one side or the other, the shooter corrects the sight picture and you're back on target.

AR's are completely different than typical guns and the old rules don't even apply in some cases.

TacticalDefense1911
February 27, 2012, 03:32 PM
Is Magpul actually going to be producing and selling there own ar15 lower receiver or is it just hear say? I have not been able to really find any definite answers if they actually are or not.

They did a short run a while back. Very few were made. They go for silly money when you actually do find one. As someone else had said, S&W is going to be selling an M&P15 with a Magpul marked lower and Magpul furniture.

I am in search of the best ar 15 lower receiver manufacturers. Please share the list of its best manufacturers so that I can choose some one. Thank you.

For the most part, lowers are lowers and you choose the one with the roll mark you like the best. A good, inexpensive lower can be had from Spikes Tactical. Other "good ones" are Daniel Defense, BCM, LMT, Noveske, Mega, Yankee Hill and Stag. More important is the lower parts kit (LPK). Daniel Defense sells a nice LPK that already has the Magpul enhanced trigger guard. For the most part, people save money on the lowers to put the money into a high quality upper, barrel and bolt carrier group which is the most important.

boostedtt91
February 28, 2012, 09:08 PM
i just ended up buying another Bushmaster lower as i really like my other bushmaster