PDA

View Full Version : easy to read NYS conceal carry laws..i

Erikbal
January 16, 2012, 06:30 PM
I'm intterested in the NYS laws concerning what is considered legal use for your pistol in self defense situations and stuff like that. I know all state laws vary and I have found a couple links searching google but they're hard to read and make out. I'm looking for something the average person can read and understand that explains what is legal probable cause for using your pistol. Any help or advise is appreciated. Thanks!

Musketeer
January 17, 2012, 12:03 AM
Outside your home it is simple.

Reasonable belief of maiming, kidnapping, rape or death of yourself or a significant other (wife, child, etc.) with no ability to retreat without increasing that risk.

There are other thin grounds like to prevent the arson of an occupied structure but the paragraph above is the best rule to follow.

Inside your home it is that first paragraph with no need to immediately retreat.

You could argue "Reasonable Belief" for months but the question is, would your attorney be able to convince 12 citizens you acted in a reasonable manner and that they would have felt the threat posed warranted the response.