PDA

View Full Version : Secret Service P229 Holsters??

Mercenary
January 10, 2012, 09:00 PM
Just curious as to what kind of holsters the Secret Service carries their SIG P229's in? It's a fairly large and blocky gun to carry concealed, so I was wondering how they carry it. IWB? OWB?

Chesster
January 10, 2012, 09:08 PM
Years ago when they used the 228 I noticed one with an OWB holster. Not sure if that is regulation or current.

hAkron
January 10, 2012, 10:34 PM
I carry my 229 IWB. It's not at all uncomfortable.

Not trying to suggest I'm in the CIA or anything, I'm just saying its not hard to carry IWB.

Mercenary
January 10, 2012, 10:46 PM
^^^^^^^

What kind of holster do you use? Isn't the P229 like 1.5" wide?? To carry it IWB, do you have to buy your pants a size larger to accommodate it?

Sgt Pepper
January 10, 2012, 11:12 PM
I carry my P229 OWB at roughly 3 o'clock in a belt-slide yacqui style holster. When you are wearing a jacket of any kind, it conceals with absolute ease. Windbreaker, sweat, tactical, blazer, etc., it really does not matter. Secret service are not wearing t-shirts with gym shorts.

TunnelRat
January 10, 2012, 11:55 PM
When I had mine I carried it IWB in a Crossbreed holster just fine.

BarryLee
January 11, 2012, 12:08 AM
I carry mine IWB in a Milt Sparks VM-2 with no problem.

dogtown tom
January 11, 2012, 12:12 AM
Mercenary Just curious as to what kind of holsters the Secret Service carries their SIG P229's in? It's a fairly large and blocky gun to carry concealed, so I was wondering how they carry it. IWB? OWB?

I have three customers who are Secret Service agents.
They carry Sig 229's in .357sig
The holster is an OWB leather... DeSantis I believe.
They do not get a choice in holsters, but can choose between the factory plastic or a rubber Hogue grip.
No lasers, no weapon mounted flashlights.
Off duty gun must also be a Sig (including .380)

Noreaster
January 11, 2012, 03:26 PM
It's been awhile but the last one I saw had his Sig in a pancake holster with a slit in it for handcuffs. On the road they can take the holster off with the gun in it and then secure the gun in the holster by inserting the handcuff and locking it. Take a nap and not worry about someone taking the gun out of the holster. Don't know if they still use this system.