PDA

View Full Version : P07 Duty owners

tony101
January 2, 2012, 04:09 PM
When i slam a loaded clip in when the slide it back it releases and puts one in the chamber. First gun that i've had that i did not have to hit the slide release to chamber a round. Is the a defect

LockedBreech
January 2, 2012, 04:37 PM
First, a small correction, it's called a magazine, not a clip.

Second, I wouldn't worry. I don't think that's a defect. If I'm not mistaken (I don't own a Glock so I might well be) Glocks do that too.

joe magarack
January 2, 2012, 04:44 PM
Mine never did that. As far as I know the HK P-30L is the only gun of mine that does that. Go on the CZ Forum and ask.

mdThanatos
January 2, 2012, 05:03 PM
Does it do it only when you "slam" it in or does it also do it when you apply pressure in a milder fashion?

chris in va
January 2, 2012, 05:07 PM
It's not supposed to, especially for a new gun. My 2003 75BD will do it on occasion if I really give it authority during a match, but it has thousands of rounds down the pipe.

Some people see it as a good thing, but I prefer to do it manually. Try to just insert the mag without slamming it in.

Willie Lowman
January 2, 2012, 05:08 PM
My Glocks will do that if I insert a mag with excessive force. I had a Colt 1991
A1 that would do that sometimes/

I think it is more that you are jarring the gun hard enough to get the slide to slip off the catch and close.

Lost Sheep
January 2, 2012, 05:23 PM
There are two possible causes to this auto-closure of your slide.

Try to figure out which

1 There is some part on your magazine hitting the slide release/slide stop that is releasing the slide. Normally the magazine follower does this, but that is impossible with a loaded magazine, as even just a single round moves the follower completely out of the way.

So, if part of the magazine is doing this, there is something seriously wrong with either the magazine, the slide stop/release or the way the magazine fits in the magazine well (unlikely in the extreme).

2 The slide stop/release is being jostled by the impact of the magazine slamming home. The Magazine release might be hitting the slide stop/release, but I doubt this is possible. I don't know enough about the innards of your gun to know. The magazine stop/release might have its surfaces where it contacts the frame or the slide, or both, shaped or sloped at their engagement surfaces such that they slide off of one another easily. This is similar to a "hair trigger". The hole where the slide stop/release mounts in the frame may be overlarge or misshapen, allowing the inadvertent release of the slide.

Most of these second type of causes are attributable to worn parts (or bad gunsmithing) or something as simple as a weak spring on the slide stop/release.

All of the causes I described are dangerous. Some more so than others, but I wouldn't retire the gun over it, but neither would I wait more than a few days to begin working to cure this odd behavior. No gun should have random behaviors, ever.

Once you know the cause, you can then know the cure.

Have you contacted the manufacturer with this question? What did they say was the proper, normal behavior?

Lost Sheep

p.s. This post is predicated on the assumption that this happens when you slam the magazine in hard and does not always do it when you insert the magazine in gently. Chris in VA and Willie Lowman asked the question. I made the assumption.

No gun should require so hard a magazine loading that it knocks other parts out of their proper positions.

tony101
January 2, 2012, 05:37 PM
When i slam it in it does it when the gun is pointed down, but when i hold it with barrel pointed up it does not or if i just gently push it in it does not. i tried to contact them but they are closed for the new year, will have to call tomorrow. I like that it does that put only if it supposed to.

Nordeste
January 2, 2012, 06:02 PM
The PX4 Storm I used to own did that. The owner's manual stated that if inserted the mag with sufficient force, the slide would cycle back to battery without any further action from the shooter. I tried doing the same with my service 92FS and it did the same. I find this feature very useful. If you happen to perform a tactical reload, all you have to do is slam the magazine in place and you're ready to go.

Good news if Glocks do that too. I'm planning to get a G19 in the near future.

tony101
January 2, 2012, 06:15 PM
i agree, I just tried it with my CZ pcr and does the same thing if u smack it hard and i bet a lot of you will find out the same thing but I am still going to give them a call tomorrow.

armoredman
January 2, 2012, 06:36 PM
No big deal. I have had it happen with almost every maker I have used. You are hitting the gun hard enough to bump the slide stop loose. Not a problem. had a new shooter do that almost every magazine with my Phantom, but it never does it with me, as I don't feel the need to body slam it in. :)

Lost Sheep
January 2, 2012, 07:52 PM
Hard to believe they have a deliberate mechanism to do that (selective auto-closure or hold-open at will). If it does it because of a finely tuned mechanism, I am not sure if I like the idea.

My M-16 had selective fire, full auto with the safety lever pointed one way and semi-auto at 90 degrees to that. Selective fire is OK if the choice is positive, scares ME if it depends on fine motor skills (maybe when under stress). I feel the same way for slide closure.

Lost Sheep

loose_holster_dan
January 2, 2012, 09:54 PM
it's not "supposed to" do that. in an effort to reduce weight on this pistol, cz used lighter weight alloys in their metal parts that have more "give" in them. when you are slamming the mag, it's probably just jogging the slide loose from the release.

armoredman
January 2, 2012, 11:38 PM
Yes, it's not a deliberate function. Seen it with lots of different makers.
Mention M-16s, that was one that would let a bolt go forward for me back in the day with a rap of the butt on the bed of a Duece and A Half. Long time ago, M-16A1.