PDA

View Full Version : S&W MP15-22!

The Traveler
December 31, 2011, 03:00 AM
Just picked one up as an xmas gift for myself at the local gun shop. Anyone have any experience with them? They fire great and I was thinking of redsighting for more accuracy and tricking it out a bit on the rails. Happy New Year! Happy to be a member.....

shurshot
December 31, 2011, 06:29 AM
I suspect you will enjoy it. I picked one up in a trade a few months back. Lots of fun. My 7 y/o has claimed it as "HIS". A very dependable, well built little rifle, built just as well as the M&P 9MM pistol I'm issued.

Mobuck
December 31, 2011, 06:33 AM
While I wouldn't refuse one that Santa brought, the AR 22 rifles just aren't something I really go for. I find my Ruger 10/22 does what I need and the AR 22 rifles have a lot of things I don't need on a 22.
Hope you like yours and get lots of enjoyment from it.

mitchntx
December 31, 2011, 11:54 AM
I snagged a Smith 15-22 last year and probably have 10,000 rounds through it. When I take it to the range, I go through 10 mags preloaded and another 500 round bulk pack of Wal-Mart Federal. At $14 a box, its cheap entertainment.

The copper washed tip of the Federal seems to feed better than the uncoated lead bullet of the Winchester. With Winchester, it seems I always get a feed failure from each mag. The bullet wil snag the port and bend.

Don't seem to have the same issue with the Federals.

I bought some Thunderbolt and Blazer ammo from Natchez. They had a pretty good sale going on, so I thought I'd give that a try.

MythBuster
December 31, 2011, 12:33 PM
I was skeptical about these at first but our local gun shop has sold at least 20 of these in the last year and so far no one has complained.

They also sold two of the so called "Colts" and they both had problems.

Marquezj16
December 31, 2011, 03:55 PM
My M&P 15-22 has been one of the most fun rifle I have ever had. Very accurate and given the right ammo, will feed reliably.

Mine feeds 100% on the the Federal Auto Match (325 pack) from Walmart and the CCI Standard Velocity from Dicks. I bought some of the AR Rimfire ammo from CCI and they feed around 95-99%. The Rem and Win bulk ammo were ok but I had more problems of FTF and more duds. Plus they seem dirtier.

I switched my sights to Magpul (lighter) and I have a BSA red dot. Changed the grips and added vertical fore grips. I also have a rimfire scope for whenever I want to shoot for greater accuracy.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76984&stc=1&d=1325364820

Achilles11B
January 2, 2012, 12:41 PM
My buddy has one that I have to shoot every time he comes with me to the range, they're a lot of fun. He has a C-More red-dot sight on it and it eats up Federal .22 without an problems. If I didn't already have an outstanding .22 in my Savage, I'd be kicking around picking one up soon.

precision_shooter
January 3, 2012, 01:18 PM
I bought my wife one for Christmas... It's a little out of the oridinary though.

http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss312/BG12693/1325613891.jpg