PDA

View Full Version : Anybody own a Browning BPR (Pump Rifle)?

twoblink
November 21, 2000, 05:42 PM
I am left handed, want a bolt action, but don't want to get a left handed bolt action for fear that I will never be able to sell it later. So I'm looking at the Browning Pump Rifle, and wondering if anybody owns one, has shot one.

Any feedback (positive or negative) would be greatly appreciated. Also, any other suggestions on how to solve the left-handed bolt action problem would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Albert

Turk
November 22, 2000, 08:48 PM
I purchased a BPR in the spring in 243 Win. $450.00 Its use would be for whitetail and woodchucks. I picked the 243 since I didn't own a rifle in that caliber.

It handles very well and shoots the same. My rifle will shoot 1 inch groups with a 3x9 scope never did try and get them closer. A bolt gun I sure can be more accurate but for hunting accuracy the pump does just fine. Great finish and wood.

The BPR pump action cams down and back a little different than a Rem. 7600 which is straight back.

I personally like the BPR better than the Rem. 7600.

My plans didn't work out this year which included hunting whitetail with the pump. I have a Win. 70 in 06 but still planned on using the pump.

Great gun and recommend it to anyone.

Turk

twoblink
November 23, 2000, 03:09 AM
Thanks!! $450 is much cheaper than I can pick up a high quality bolt for...

I don't know of any places around me that would carry them, hmm, I guess I'll have to start hunting for them.

Thanks for the advice.
Albert