PDA

View Full Version : Accu-trigger exchange?

Ron Jeremy
December 20, 2011, 07:32 PM
I have a savage 111f that I bought about 3 years ago. It came with a regular stock trigger, But when I look at the savage arms booklet it says that my model comes with an accu-trigger. Does this mean that it is compadible with an accu-trigger? If so Where can I purchase an accu-trigger?

jmr40
December 20, 2011, 08:31 PM
Just because you bought it 3 years ago does not mean it was made 3 years ago. It is not uncommon for many big stores to buy guns by the truckload to get a good price. It could take years for them to sell them all.

Several years ago I bought a Marlin 336C 30-30 from our local K-mart. The price tag was about $100 less than they were asking for one of the birch stocked 336 A's. When I looked at the SN, the gun was 11 years old.

When I asked about the 11 year old gun I was told that K-Mart had recently stopped selling guns in California, and all the old stock from there had been sent to other stores across the country. It still had the 11 year old price tag on it.

Txhillbilly
December 20, 2011, 08:40 PM
If you want to get an Accutrigger installed on your action contact Kevin Rayhill at Stockade Guns.

http://www.stockadegunstocks.com/

Jim243
December 20, 2011, 08:57 PM
TX

That would be a neat trick, since the actions of the non-Accutrigger rifles (older Rifles) will not accept the Accutriggers. Even the factory could not replace it without replacing the action.

You could replace it with a Jewell or Timney trigger if you want to spend $200.00 more.

Jim

taylorce1
December 20, 2011, 09:25 PM
I don't think Jewell made triggers for Savage rifles, but not 100% sure. I've seen a couple of old Canjars for sale that I couldn't get to fast enough. I thing Sharp Shooter Supply has the best aftermarket trigger out there for the average guy to install.

Timney offers a trigger and Rifle Basix offers two. The less expensive of the two Rifle Basix triggers is the same as the old Savage 3 screw trigger. You can buy a tuned factory 3 screw trigger from Jim Briggs at Northland Shooters Supply for around $50 or you can read online how to tune your own 3 screw Savage trigger.

Right now I run three SSS competition triggers and one tuned 3 screw. There all good triggers, but I prefer the tuned 3 screw on hunting rifles. The SSS competiton trigger can't be set over 2 lbs.

Ron Jeremy
December 21, 2011, 12:51 PM
so what would the best trigger be if i mostly use it for hunting and approx. how much?

CTS
December 21, 2011, 01:27 PM
I would go for the Timney. They've been around for years and have a good reputation. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/223896/timney-rifle-trigger-savage-10-through-16-110-through-116-without-accutrigger-2-to-4-lb-blue

taylorce1
December 21, 2011, 02:08 PM
Call Jim Briggs at 763/682-4296 or email him at [email protected]. Ask him for a tuned 3 screw Savage trigger, if he has one it is basicly the same thing as the Timney and Rifle Basix trigger for about half the price around $50. The 3 screw trigger has every thing done to it that is in this LINK. (http://www.varminthunters.com/tech/savage/)

If you want just find some .040 piano wire and use it first it might greatly improve your trigger to where you don't need the replace the whole trigger it works with both 2 and 3 screw triggers. If you want any better trigger than the tuned three screw go to the SSS Competition trigger but it maxes out around 2 lbs of pull weight so it isn't the most ideal hunting trigger if you wear gloves while hunting. I use it on my pronghorn/coyote/varmint rifles that I built on Savage actions.