PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19 issues: help!

pockheebs
December 18, 2011, 11:28 PM
Friend of mine bought 2 brand new glocks ( glock 19 ). One for him and another for his brother. They came over to test them out, and one problem occurred for each gun. Keep in mind these are brand new. One gun had a problem with jamming. The other had a problem with the slide locking back. The jamming could be part of the break in period???? What do you guys think? And the slide not locking back could be a mag issue? But on a brand new gun? Tell me what you guys know about glock 19s. Personal experiences, and anything you know about these guns that could lead to these problems are welcome. Post away. Thanks

Chesster
December 19, 2011, 12:02 AM
Let an experienced shooter try both and see if he/she has same problem. Sometimes, improper grip on a G when firing can cause a problem.

pockheebs
December 19, 2011, 12:04 AM
Improper grip as in...?

Chesster
December 19, 2011, 12:07 AM
Loose or limp wrist, thumb engaging slide stop are the two that come to mind.

TunnelRat
December 19, 2011, 12:15 AM
What ammo are you using?

pockheebs
December 19, 2011, 12:17 AM
Medium quality ammo

ak2323
December 19, 2011, 12:19 AM
PEBAK

TxFlyFish
December 19, 2011, 12:20 AM
Ok before we spend more money for "break in" which is not necessary for Glocks, field strip both G19

1) Generation AND test fire date
1) What is the stamp on the recoil spring?
2) What is the stamp on the extractor?

This will address recent known glock problems

C0untZer0
December 19, 2011, 01:32 AM
There is no break in for Glocks. I purchased a 17L and never had a problem with it, I've also fired it dry and fired it totally gooped up with grease. Even with oil in the striker channel which is asking for trouble, but I've never had a problem. So I'm kind of surprised that brand new G19s would jam.

More information - When you say Brand New - are they factory new - never been fired?

And yes what TxFlyFish said.

farmerboy
December 19, 2011, 01:37 AM
+1 for post # 4

TunnelRat
December 19, 2011, 01:50 AM
Medium quality ammo

Hell if you want to be vague and a pain in the butt good luck to you

sigxder
December 19, 2011, 03:43 AM
Their is no problem with your stance or ammo. Glock has a recall in on these guns. They have gone through 4-5 different RSA's, chane out extractors, and now have a new ejector number 30274. The ejector has solved most of the problems. Call Glock and tell them what your gun is doing. Ask for a pre-paid shipping label. Some if the reps refuse to. Ask for a supervisor if they do they are paying shipping. Don't spnd tons of money on ammo. A Glock should shoot with any SAMMI spec ammo not just hot ammo.
Glock knows their are problems that's why they are having a recall. Of course they won't call it a recall. But it is. They have not tried 5 different RSA's and a new ejector and the cost of shipping because you are limpwristing. I know because I've been going through it.

Officer's Match
December 19, 2011, 07:33 AM
sigxtr is right on it. Gen4's and late production Gen3's in 9mm have well documented issues, particularly 19's. Some posters will steadfastly blame the shooter and the ammo, but Glock wouldn't have 65% of LEO and an amazing reputation for stonecold reliability if earlier Gen's had behaved as these are.

jfrey
December 19, 2011, 08:52 PM
Many people, myself included, are having problems with late model G19's in Gen 3 and Gen 4 configurations. Glock has new springs and stuff to fix the Gen 4 guns but they are reluctant to admit the Gen 3 guns have problems. The new ejector seems to solve most of the problems in the Gen 4 guns and there is a rumor they are now replacing the ejectors in the Gen 3 guns too. As I said, it is a rumor.

As to the jamming issue it could be several things. Maybe the ammo is out of spec or reloads too long. Glock barrels are loose fitting and should cycle most all ammo. The slide lock thing could be a grip issue or a bad mag. It does happen but very rarely. The first thing I would do is completely strip both guns and look for any debris and clean it up. Then reassemble and lube sparingly and shoot both again. Glocks don't normally need any breakin as a rule. See if things change and get back to us on it.