PDA

View Full Version : Run and Gun, DPMS AR 15 Failure.. Good Times!

Magog
December 17, 2011, 06:41 PM
Cheapo AR's are not a good alternative to a MINI 14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UbkSEV1pnw

CTS
December 17, 2011, 06:50 PM
What the he!! is run and gun. I guess I missed that day in BCT.

brmfan
December 17, 2011, 07:14 PM
OMG! Not this Mini 14 love fest crap again!! According to the video it was a new rifle that wasn't lubed properly.

RT
December 17, 2011, 07:47 PM
Yeah, but....

can you "charge it in such a way as to pull the charging handle out of the take-down groove on the side, causing the bolt to be slightly misaligned an jamming."??

http://suburbansurvivalist.wordpress...i-14-tactical/

and IBTL

Arizona Smithshooter
December 17, 2011, 09:50 PM
Can't we all just get along?? This topic sucked yesterday, still sucks today........:D

mrawesome22
December 17, 2011, 11:04 PM
Here I thought is was common knowledge that anything not made by Savage was junk:confused:

5RWill
December 17, 2011, 11:24 PM
The double feed wasn't handled correctly. And no offense to who ever that is but, everything about that seemed... well to be honest wrong.

People can hate on magpul all they want but this is a good drill to clear a double feed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay4EjHOcdck

HKGuns
December 17, 2011, 11:31 PM
What exactly is the point of your post? My "inexpensive" AR has never had a mis-feed or jam of any kind. One YT video is evidence of nothing. I have nothing against Ruger or the Mini-14, but this thread borders on insanely ignorant.

Jim243
December 17, 2011, 11:48 PM
Magog

That's a magazine falure not a rifle problem. Sorry, I know your like the Mini-14 but it is common with almost any semi-auto, pistol as well as rifle with after market mags. One of the procedures for compitition is after loading your mag, you slap it on the palm of your opposite hand hard to re-align the cartrages in the mag to insure they are stacked properly. The guy in the video appears to be a newbe to compitition or he would have done a tactical mag exchange (you are not allowed to drop a loaded mag to the ground) which would have been draw an new mag from the belt with the left hand while pressing the mag release with the trigger finger, swap mags, recharge the weapon and keep shooting. We do it all the time in IDPA comps. That's why we have extra mags on our belt.

Jim

Jo6pak
December 18, 2011, 11:00 AM
Jesus H Christ on a crutch.

This Mini vs AR debate is just plain stupid. It's like asking which you like better Orange Juice or Steak.

Stop the madness

rickyrick
December 19, 2011, 08:06 AM
Steak

Tempest 455
December 19, 2011, 08:34 AM
Ribeye Steak! :D

Fishbed77
December 19, 2011, 09:04 AM
Lame story is lame.

Palmetto-Pride
December 19, 2011, 09:17 AM
I think a better analogy would be "orange juce or beer" or "steak and spam".....lol

I never feel the need to come on here and bash one gun over another I guess I am just content with my AR.......:)

Skadoosh
December 19, 2011, 09:27 AM
The majority of Magog's posts tend to center on the Ruger Mini.

rickyrick
December 19, 2011, 10:17 AM
My mini fits its role perfectly, but, an AR coulda filled the role all the same.

All of the "accessorized" minis look the same to me, while AR's have endless options and I have seen some unique AR's.

rickyrick
December 19, 2011, 10:26 AM
While I feel that the accuracy issues are a thing of the past, I haven't seen a Target posted to prove otherwise.

I personally haven't noticed any issue to catch my attention. I don't bench shoot. I use fence posts, mesquite branches or whatever as a support.

mdd
December 19, 2011, 12:14 PM
Magog you need to relax about your mini. It's an inanimate object but you've obviously developed some kind of inferiority complex because of it. You bought the mini. Why don't you go shoot it and enjoy it instead of machine-gunning this forum with pointless AR vs mini banter.

Father Time
December 19, 2011, 02:06 PM
The majority of Magog's posts tend to center on the Ruger Mini.

Including post that link to his youtube channel that has disgusting comments from his rasict "friends".

Hey Magog still stockpiling for the "race war"?? :rolleyes:

HKGuns
December 19, 2011, 07:35 PM
Including post that link to his youtube channel that has disgusting comments from his rasict "friends".

What a guy.......

BergisheLandSaint11
December 19, 2011, 09:48 PM
When his race war happens...I will be the first one to stop it.

Racist people and guns need to be kept seperate. I know thats an illogical idea..but in a perfect world there wouldnt even be racism?

God dang it I wish my new CETME would get here already....

Therealkoop
December 20, 2011, 04:15 PM
Republicans and guns need to be kept seperate too damnit!!

Thread direction-> South.

PawPaw
December 20, 2011, 04:27 PM
Here I thought is was common knowledge that anything not made by Savage was junk

That is common knowledge. It's common sense that's in short supply around here. Those two are not to be confused.