PDA

View Full Version : Nano

WildBill45
December 16, 2011, 08:23 PM
Has anyone bought, held, or shoot the new Beretta Nano???

If so, what are your thoughts???

And, where did you find one???

Adventurer 2
December 16, 2011, 10:20 PM
I saw one at Gander Mountain.
I like it but have my mind set on a PM9.

excelerater
December 17, 2011, 05:23 AM
This is the one im waiting for :D
under 400 bucks too......

dean1818
December 17, 2011, 06:58 AM
Looked at it, bought the CM9

jcsturgeon
December 17, 2011, 10:10 AM
I handled one a bit at Sportsman's Warehouse in Colorado Springs. I am incredibly biased towards Beretta but I didn't really like the feel of it at all. I mean, it did have some nice features though. No external slide release (the LC9 has one, but it's useless, they might as well have done this too), removable/adjustable sights. The mag catch can be moved for LH/RH (I don't think the LC9 can, which makes it tough for left handed shooters.)

I went with the LC9 because, with the extended floor plate on the magazine, it fit my hand a lot better. Also I'm right handed so I don't care about it being ambidextrous. I found the Nano to be too small for me, although, it was sleek and sexy, like everything Beretta does :D. The Nano only has a 6 round clip though, and it was much pricier than the LC9, which is pretty sleek and sexy in its own right. A nice change for Ruger, who, apart from the red label shotguns, have kind of ignored aesthetics in the past.

Personally, I wasn't a fan of the Nano. Nice design, a lot of thought went into the features and I would imagine it's a nice shooter, but it felt really uncomfortable in my hands. The LC9 (with a Hogue Jr. grip sleeve) was the winner for me.

Shadi Khalil
December 17, 2011, 10:44 AM
A nice change for Ruger, who, apart from the red label shotguns, have kind of ignored aesthetics in the past.

I respectfully disagree. IMO Ruger revolvers have always been aesthetically pleasing, from the SP's to the Vaqueros. The LCP is a big improvement (aesthetically speaking) over the Kel Tec they copied and the LCR has a lot of features that many people find to be an improvement over the traditional J-frame. I prefer the J-frame but the grips, trigger and over look of the LCR is very appealing to a lot of people.

As for the nano, I really like the look of it and the price is very appealing. I'd like to get a hold of one and try out the trigger and sees how it feels in my hand. I've read a few reviews online and they have all been positive.

Glenn E. Meyer
December 17, 2011, 10:47 AM
How's the trigger?

I had a PM9 that wouldn't run - so I traded it rather than fool with sending it back.

I'd like a pocket - ish 9.

jcsturgeon
December 17, 2011, 11:46 AM
"I respectfully disagree. IMO Ruger revolvers have always been aesthetically pleasing"

Well, okay, I was a little tough on them. They do have some good looking guns. I should have limited it to the semi auto pistols. I think the SR and the P series semi autos are dog ugly. With all due respect to Ruger fans (and they do make fine weapons) aesthetics is important to me. The GP-100 and the SP-101 are pretty good but I'm not a fan of the looks on the rest.

"How's the trigger?"

On the LC9? It's a long pull, but it's not very tough. It's a very smooth pull, but it doesn't break until it's nearly touching the frame. I had a sigma series S&W once that had a long AND a tough pull. The LC9 is world's better than that one.

TxFlyFish
December 17, 2011, 07:26 PM
Beretta Nano: 10 initial impressions
Here's couple quick observations from today's range trip from a newly unboxed BU9 Nano

1) No rattle, very little slide play, feels SOLID
2) Excellent polymer molding, although slightly disappointed by the etched rollmarks
3) The gun is HEAVY, with most of the weight on the top; somewhat unbalanced especially without a pinky extension; pocketable in size but noticeable in weight
4) Sights are clear and not intrusive
5) Trigger has little slack but has loooong and progressively heavier pull. The break point is uncertain and reset is long. Difficult for precision shooting, quick follow up
6) Ejection pattern with both WWB and UMC is somewhat weak and not as consistent (could be due to break in)
7) Aimed accuracy is decent at 20yards, IMHO the trigger was the main culprit
8) Recoil is average, manageable and not uncomfortable. However a 40SW variant could push it to edge of shootability
9) VERY beefy overengineered internals, beefy long slide rails
10) No failure of any kind
Last edited by TxFlyFish; December 11, 2011 at 12:31 AM.

Glenn E. Meyer
December 28, 2011, 11:12 AM
Saw my first one yesterday - $429 at Academy. My first impression is that it wasn't that much smaller than a Glock 26 in the same display. Didn't really look that much like a pocket gun as compared to a lighter J frame.

But it was nice looking.

roman3
December 28, 2011, 02:55 PM
Big slab sided looking gun, top heavy, with an akward feel, also check out the Beretta forums for some issues, not a pocket gun at all, except with big pockets.

Not all that impressed overall, not what I was hoping for.

Sort of disappointed.