PDA

View Full Version : must have gun?

relic 59 50
December 9, 2011, 11:07 PM
im in the market for a gun but im very conflicted, Id like a sporting rifle but im open to all, what do you think is a must have?

RockRiverWhisper
December 9, 2011, 11:09 PM
Barrett

warbirdlover
December 9, 2011, 11:18 PM
A bolt action deer, elk, pronghorn and blackbear rifle!

thedaddycat
December 9, 2011, 11:39 PM
The first thing you need to determine is what your intended use is going to be. For a good all around rifle that's easy to carry around the woods all day long and will take deer out to 150 yards it's hard to beat the .30-30. If you are concerned about SHTF then you will probably want something like the AR or AK platforms that take high capacity mags and are well supported in the aftermarket. If you just want to plink a lot without breaking the bank then a .22 LR is what you want...

Of everything I have I would probably have to say that I like my Model 94 the best, but if I had to leave everything but one behind I would take my AR.

jimbob86
December 9, 2011, 11:44 PM
For a good all around rifle that's easy to carry around the woods all day long and will take deer out to 150 yards it's hard to beat the .30-30.

..... in some parts of the contry, 150 yards is a pretty short shot......

...as for "easy to carry in the woods all day" ......???? it's a rifle ....less than 10 lbs...... toughen up already.

zombieslayer
December 10, 2011, 12:37 AM
I wish I could afford an "assault" rifle. All I can afford are sporting semiautos.
Which assault rifles are you looking at? I'd love to have a real uzi, or a Ruger Mini with select fire!