PDA

View Full Version : SR9C

DBski
December 4, 2011, 02:41 PM
Got a new SR9C and took it to the range for try out. Ran a box of Remmington fmj and a box of federal fmj, 100 rounds total with out and type of failure to fire or eject. But with the 10 rd. mag the slide wouldn't stay open with a full 10 rds. in it, if I loaded only 9 rds. worked fine. any suggestions as to what is causing this? The gun was accrurate,not much recoil, I am well pleased with it and got it for #405 out the door.

tahunua001
December 4, 2011, 03:21 PM
you got your SR9C for 405 pounds? that's awful!!! that's like almost 600 dollars!!!! :D congrats on the new gun. your's is the first case of an autoforward issue that I've heard of. did yours come with the 17 round mag and extension or just 2 10 rounders? I am willing to bet it's a mag problem rather than gun problem, I would try different mags and if it still does it then I would call ruger. they'll make it right!

ESI Agent
December 4, 2011, 03:47 PM
Mine has been 100% no issues of any kind. I'm very happy with it. :D

Jim243
December 4, 2011, 05:30 PM
But with the 10 rd. mag the slide wouldn't stay open with a full 10 rds. in it,

New springs in the mag that have not been broken in. Your follower is sticking and not comming all the way up. Take apart your mag and clean it and debur it.

Jim

ScotchMan
December 4, 2011, 05:36 PM
Maybe I am not understanding the problem. You say the slide won't stay open with 10 rounds in the mag. Do you mean if you pull the slide back and let go? Because that is the intended design, it should only stay open if you push the slide stop up.

If the mag is empty or not present, the slide should lock open when you pull it back and let go. But if there are rounds in the mag the slide should not stay open.

Can you describe what you're doing exactly?

Marquezj16
December 4, 2011, 06:44 PM
Your follower is sticking and not comming all the way up. Take apart your mag and clean it and debur it.

Do you have the 17 rd mag and does it fail to hold open also after the last round? If it's holding open after shooting the last round with the 17 rd mag then it is the 10 round mag and most likely as stated above, take it apart and clean it and look in there to see if something could be holding the follower down a little.

DBski
December 5, 2011, 02:09 PM
It was $405 not #". The 17 rd mag works fine. only with the 10 rd mag does the slide fail to stay open. I will take it apart and clean and debur it. Thanks Guys

Tnglock
December 5, 2011, 05:22 PM
Congrats on your sr9. Does the loaded chamber indicator get in the way of your line of sight ? One told me he didnt like the indicator one said he did. Ive never looked at the sights with one in the pipe.

phatspeed7x
December 5, 2011, 05:36 PM
Congrats! I loved my SR9C. Should of kept it. Might get a another one someday.

DBski
December 5, 2011, 05:49 PM
I've never even noticed the loaded chamber indicator on the SR9C or on any of the other handguns that I have shot.

K_Mac
December 5, 2011, 06:08 PM
The loaded chamber indicator is one of those things that some object to for philosophical and/or esthetic reasons. It does not enter the sight picture and has no effect on the function of the gun. Enjoy your 9c. I am very happy with mine.:cool:

Armybrat
December 5, 2011, 07:16 PM
Congratulations! I really like my SR9.

Got any pics?

ScotchMan
December 6, 2011, 12:24 AM
I still don't understand the OP. Maybe he meant it won't stay open after firing 10 rounds, but he said "with a full 10 rds. in it". Oh well.

The loaded chamber indicator on mine does not bother me at all. I have a slight fondness for it as I think it looks cool and also serves a useful function. My biggest complaint is that after shooting 100 rounds of anything, it is really dirty and the dirt shows on the red pretty clearly. I clean it with a Q-tip and it is nice and shiny again :)

They aren't too hard to remove if you don't like them.

cheezhed
December 6, 2011, 02:50 AM
I also just purchased a sr9c and I like it a lot. I just fired 200 rounds through it and it didn't skip a beat. As for the magazine issue the mags that came with my pistol seem to have the a file mark on the rear left hand side of the magazine. I don't know if this is some type of hand fitting or not but it was on both magazines. I just bought 2 new mags as spares and they don't have this feature so I will see how they work. You can call Ruger and see if they have any solutions but I suspect this is a minor situation that will resolve itself with a little cleaning of the mag.

DBski
December 6, 2011, 01:17 PM
After firing 10 rds. out of the ten rd mag, the slide didn't stay open after the last shot. If I loaded the mag with 9 rds the slide would open after the last shot. With the 17 rd mag it worked fine. I will take it back the range and try it after i cleaned the mag and load the mag with 10 rds and let it sit for couple days to compress the springs. Am trying all the helpful hints. Thanks