PDA

View Full Version : LC9 with Lasermax

ScotchMan
November 29, 2011, 03:35 PM
Just found this guy on Ruger's site. I'm not a huge fan of lasers but I love the look of this gun with the laser on the trigger guard. Beats the snot out of a Bodyguard .380 imo.

http://ruger.com/products/lc9/images/3206.jpg

sgms
November 29, 2011, 04:17 PM
It is a nice looking laser set up, but how is it activated? If you have to push a button with your off hand like I've seen on several others what good would it be? Let see Draw gun, get two hand grip, and start poking finger around in front of trigger guard trying to turn on laser sight, any body see a problem here.

Officer's Match
November 29, 2011, 06:35 PM
Actually it looks as though the laser activation is right where your (right hand) trigger finger should be until ready to shoot.

doc540
November 29, 2011, 10:52 PM
CT kinda has that Buck Rogers look, too.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/doc540/Guns/Ruger%20LC9/LC9CT004-1.jpg

lee n. field
November 29, 2011, 10:57 PM
It is a nice looking laser set up, but how is it activated?

I suspect it's the nub in the indentation, ahead of the trigger.

kalevatom
November 30, 2011, 08:51 AM
The activation button is at the lower rear of the trigger guard at the grip. Your grip depresses the button. My wife has an LC9 with the CT laser.

anonimoose
November 30, 2011, 10:00 AM
That's not the CT laser.

Actually it looks as though the laser activation is right where your (right hand) trigger finger should be until ready to shoot.

This.

GUNSNGOLD
November 30, 2011, 10:05 AM
i prefer the lasermax but have not messed with either, i like the fact that the LM does not alter the grip. i see no problem with the button activation

kalevatom
November 30, 2011, 11:14 AM
scotchmans picture doesn't show for me. I was going off of doc540's picture. oops

AndyWest
November 30, 2011, 11:52 AM
Tho I partially dislike the Sig STL-900L, I really like how you can "poke" the light on/off/strobe quickly with your tigger finger. Pictured in attachment, top "greenish" button is strobe, button under that is the more natural "poke" and is on/off.

How do you calibrate the laser on that Lasermax?

checkmyswag
November 30, 2011, 12:41 PM
I've handled both. Shot neither.

Lasermax is activated with trigger finger extended. It's a cheap feeling button that slides in.

CT is activated just by gripping pistol. However...I felt like this messed up my grip. Don't know why the activation button needs to be so large. Should be molded into the grip or something.

I plan to get an LC9 with no laser and practice a lot instead. Especially point shooting.

I had a Bodyguard 380. 100% reliable. But hated the heavy trigger and laser button placement/activation.

tobnpr
November 30, 2011, 07:58 PM
Who has these in stock?
I've been looking for the Laserlyte (side mount) that just came out but can't find one in stock.
Crimson Trace is just overpriced for all their lasers IMO. They cost nearly as much as the gun itself.

excelerater
November 30, 2011, 08:41 PM
beats the snot out of BG380 ?
NOT A CHANCE.....The lazer on the side looks way cooler

ScotchMan
November 30, 2011, 11:47 PM
I do like the looks of the Bodyguard as well. Someday I'll get to hold one and figure out what all those levers do.

Jim243
December 1, 2011, 12:25 AM
Crimson Trace is just overpriced for all their lasers IMO. They cost nearly as much as the gun itself.

That's true, but they are just easyier to use.

Jim

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt284/bigjim_02/IMG_1227.jpg