PDA

View Full Version : USA AMMO?

tahunua001
November 26, 2011, 01:07 PM
hello all.
so I went to USAAMMO.COM a couple days ago and was quite surprised(it's been a while since I went there). they are now offering ammo in quite a few calibers where as just a few months back they were almost solely standard nato rounds. I was told that they basically just took fired lake city brass, cleaned it up and sold it all as once fired lake city ammo. now however they have a number of popular hunting rounds as well so this is starting to look as if it was bad info. I was wondering if anyone had any "real" information on them.

also before even thinking about it I went and bought 480 rounds of 243 100gr SP ammo from them. has anyone ever bought any of their hunting ammo? what was your impression?

Cowboy_mo
November 26, 2011, 10:31 PM
I have never used their ammo but your post peeked my interest so I checked them out.

I noticed that their single box price for the .243 win ammo, was about the same as my local Wal-Mart gets for Federals (which I know are good shooting and hunting ammo). It figured out to $.729 per round. So I then calculated their per round price if I bought 480 rounds. Shazaam!!!!!!!!! It is still $.729 per round. Now, I know if I buy 'in bulk' from other ammo suppliers on the web (Midway & Grafs come to my mind first) the per round cost goes down quite a bit.

Based on this minimal research, I don't think I could recommend them.