PDA

View Full Version : Enfield Ishapore 2a 7.62 Bayonett

boostedtt91
November 25, 2011, 10:19 PM
I have a Lee Enfield Ishapore 7.62 2A and i would like to aquire the correct bayonett that was used for the 7.62 Ishapores, but im not sure which one actually was used with these since they are so many different types. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Maybe im way off and they didnt use bayonetts on these?

madcratebuilder
November 26, 2011, 09:04 AM
Look for a 1907 bayonet. Some of the old Brit ones can cost as much as the rifle. Look for a WWII Ishy made one.

Look here.
http://www.worldbayonets.com/

gyvel
November 26, 2011, 04:37 PM
There are plenty of WWII production Ishapore made bayonets available. They have shorter blades than the Pattern '07, and often the pommels are squared off and not rounded and contoured to save machining time as a wartime expedient.

The last of the Indian Lee Enfield series of bayonets was known as the "No. 1 Mk VI*" which has a clipped point blade (much like that used on the jungle carbines).

Check on eBay. They show up pretty frequently there.

boostedtt91
December 8, 2011, 09:16 PM
thanks for the advice guys

zombieslayer
December 10, 2011, 12:50 AM
How do you like your 2A? I have one that I absolutely love. Great trigger for a milsurp, and shoots softly and accurately. Scored mine for $180 at the local pawn shop. Great rifle.

boostedtt91
December 10, 2011, 04:33 PM
its one of my favorite guns except for it has cost me alot of $. I bought it for around $230 and headspace was really bad on it so i sent it to a shop for enfields which was advertised on here i believe or another site to fit a longer bolt on it and he charged me $250 to do that which really ****** me off and as soon as i took it out of the box, the cocking piece snapped so i had to buy another one of those. So im almost $600 into this damn thing